SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's with Toyota/Lexus styling?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's with Toyota/Lexus styling? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think it makes them look like the old 'dustbuster' hand vacuum cleaners

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Those stupid MF’s at Toyota thought this should wear the Supra badge.
The car doesn't look too happy about it either.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the Lexus Front end then again all car companies have a history of some odd front ends,

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pass on the huge plastic grille. And whats it cost to replace?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Pass on the huge plastic grille. And whats it cost to replace?

Oh, my. If we're going that route, then we have to go to the other end and look at this new six-position tailgate GMC is offering. Razz. That thing can't be any sort of inexpensive.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Can't beleive you left out this winner:

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Glad I'm not the only one who longs for the day Toyota/Lexus moves away from this styling.

A couple of years ago I was ready to buy a Camry, but then decided I could not stand to look at that largemouth bass looking grill every day and ended buying an Accord.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Makes you wonder what the repair cost would be on that grill in a 5 mph fender bender.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Toyota always seems to copy Ford styling

Celica's, for example, look a bit like a Mustang

the trapezoid grill is something Ford has had for a good while,

I always thought the Lexus, and now Camry, looked like the designer was a BattleStar Galactica fan,,

re the Mazda Miata,

IIRC they all have the smiling face, a tip of the hat to the Healy Bug Eye Sprite

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The grill is what kept me away from Lexus.

The new Supra is an abomination. I'm still not warming to the BMW Z4 either and I'm a BMW fan.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Makes you wonder what the repair cost would be on that grill in a 5 mph fender bender.

It cost me $1200 to replace the front end.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Nor-cal | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive always like the look.

But i like the Lotus too

The weird squinty-lookin jeeps are the weird ones.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Those stupid MF’s at Toyota thought this should wear the Supra badge.
Well it's not based off the wedgy looking Celica. Besides, there are better profile pics of the new Supra. Yeah it's a little funky from some angels but not terribly bad looking for a pocket rocket. The review I read made it out to be a fun and reliable sports car. The BMW 6 wont be available in the US so like the Lotus above, it will likely have Toyotas high rev 4 cylinder. I've seen several of the Lotus cars and still dont know who makes them. Just that they are powered by two different 4 cylinders. Toyotas Camry 6 can make over 300 HP so I wonder why that wasn't used in the new Supra?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Ive always like the look.

But i like the Lotus too

The weird squinty-lookin jeeps are the weird ones.
I've seen several of the Lotus near me. Man is the driver compartment small. These little cars should have one seat and the steering wheel right in the middle of its dash. It would be the hoot to drive if the wheel was centered.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I think the Supra designer wanted an inline-6 so he sourced the BMW B58 engine instead of using any current Toyota engine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I think the Supra designer wanted an inline-6 so he sourced the BMW B58 engine instead of using any current Toyota engine.

The car is full of BMW parts. Why would anyone want an uglier BMW Z4 with Toyota badges, for 50 grand!?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
But i like the Lotus too

Great, now they look like space aliens.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
Why would anyone want an uglier BMW Z4 with Toyota badges?

But... The front end looks like a Formula 1 car if you squint really hard and partake large doses of some intoxicating substance beforehand...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been a fan of Toyota styling. I prefer the new Z4 to the Supra and I don't like the way the Z4 looks. Same with the 86/FRS, I preferred the Subaru BRZ style over the Toyota version. With that said, my 12 yr old Jeep still works fine for me.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post