SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's with Toyota/Lexus styling?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's with Toyota/Lexus styling? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ll start by saying that I’m just not a fan of Japanese cars. We’ve owned one, a mid-80s Camry and found it capable, but uninspired. The new Supra seems to have really brought the wrath of many or most, Toyota (or at least Supra) fans. Not having any emotional attachment to the marque, I can say that I kinda like the looks of the new Supra. Someone posted that it carries a $50k pricetag. Do I like it $50,000 worth? Nuh uh

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I love the new Yaris(even if it is a Mazda) and Camry. I’m around them every day at work too (Toyota dealer) So if anyone was going to get sick of looking at these cars it’d be me hah.

The only Toyotas I don’t like the looks of are the highlander and RAV4.

The Avalon is one sexy looking cruise missile to me. The 300hp V6 and aggressive looks make for a pretty awesome sedan in my eyes. Wish I could afford one.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I agree it's awful. Eek

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
The senators from Krypton have arrived...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I am a Toyota owner currently but both were before the Toyota designers lost their minds with these ridiculous looking front ends. They both have been absolutely trouble free, great vehicles (05 Solara and 2012 Sienna) I will eventually need to replace the 2 that I own but it will not be a Toyota until they ditch these stupid designs!

Fugly is such an inadequate term for what these designs are!!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Watched some of the videos. The interior is pretty much a straight BMW parts bin lift. It even has BMW’s iDrive system that’s exactly in my car now. Lol. Still not a fan. The engine I like but I don’t understand why Toyota is using the 335hp version. They should use the 382hp version.

There’s a BMW drive event coming soon to my area, I’m going to sign up and try out that engine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently Chevy likes the look too, the new Blazer front-end looks a lot like a Lexus.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I dont like the look, therefore i wont buy one.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
[. I've seen several of the Lotus cars and still dont know who makes them. Just that they are powered by two different 4 cylinders.

Lotus is made by Lotus,

they use the Toyota motor for US sales, and a Euro made motor (Cannot remember who it is made by) for the Euro spec cars

would love to have one,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post