SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "single mothers day"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"single mothers day" Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted
I see this effort to change fathers day, I was raised by a single father. I hate these efforts, and in fact actively wish ill on those who seek to destroy it's nature.

That's all.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I see this effort to change fathers day, I was raised by a single father. I hate these efforts, and in fact actively wish ill on those who seek to destroy it's nature.

That's all.

Agree. Glad I’m not the only one that feels that way.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This is a new one on me.

I've never heard of "Single Mother's Day" until now, but I completely agree with your sentiment.

Great. Roll Eyes One more thing for me to be pissed off about. Big Grin

Posts: 20077 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted June 16, 2019 02:14 PM Hide Post
This is a new one on me.

I've never heard of "Single Mother's Day" until now, but I completely agree with your sentiment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is funny how our language evolves with the times. I remember the term being UNWED mother or even better "DIVORCEE".

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
This is a new one on me.

Great. Roll Eyes One more thing for me to be pissed off about. Big Grin

You can put me in this camp as well. A mother is a mother whether a father is in the scene or not. Single moms already have a day and it's called "mother's day". Roll Eyes

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's just call it "Easy Women Day" and we'll all know what we're talking about. Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was raised by a single mother, but probably not for the same reason. My father died just after my 5th birthday.

My last clear memory of him was four months earlier, the family was listening to news reports on the big floor-standing console radio, on Pearl Harbor day. Four months later, he was gone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I think we should get our own month. And not share it.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Maybe a month, starting mid-June and going to mid-July. That way it will cover Fathers Day, the June Sprints, and Independence Day.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
face it, there's an all out war on men.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10901 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
First time hearing about “Single-Mother’s Day,” but I did read about an effort (small minority, I hope) who are lobbying to change Father’s Day to Special Persons Day, and I ain’t kiddin’ neither.

Posts: 13233 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
face it, there's an all out war on men.

There is. Many women will not be happy unless they run everything.

I've been a "feminist" in the scope of viewing women as equals since I was a small child. If she can do the job whether flying a F-16, or throwing TD's in the NFL, give her the job, and pay her the same.

But, it doesn't extend to dating. In the dating world it's hey I wanted to be treated as an equal but not when it comes to money, that's on the man! That's a double standard and utter horse shit. Being an equal includes money.

I don't give a shit about mother's day or father's day as they are hallmark marketing days used to get money out of your wallet via card, food, gift, etc. Every day is mother's/father's day. If you are married every day is an anniversary. You don't need some bullshit marketing day to pay your due to your spouse, your parents, grandparents, etc.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wait, I don't understand. Yesterday was fathers day. So we first went to TGIF, but even though the place was only half filled, we were told it would be about 25 minutes till we could be seated. So following my normal rude behavior, I told my wife "lets go someplace decent"

So we went to my favorite restaurant. Blinkers. It's won the best steak in Northern Kentucky the last few years in a row. We walked in the front door and the hostess greeted us and took us to a table. The clock was ticking and it probably took 2 more minutes for our waitress to ask what we wanted to drink. She vanished and it took a bit, maybe 2 minutes, to bring us our drinks.

All going about as it normally does. Then it took may be 15 total for her to bring us our meals.

But I paid, as always. Can't expect good service and have my wife pay, too.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Are some of you looking for things about which to be offended or pissed off?

Not having heard so much as a whisper about anything called "Single Mother's Day," much less an attempt to hijack Father's Day, I just went looking.

Two search engines. Both "web" and "news" searches. Came up bupkis. Closest I could find was Single Parents Day on March 21.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Not having heard so much as a whisper about anything called "Single Mother's Day," much less an attempt to hijack Father's Day, I just went looking.

Two search engines. Both "web" and "news" searches. Came up bupkis. Closest I could find was Single Parents Day on March 21.

https://www.independent.co.uk/...parent-a7917681.html

https://www.latimes.com/opinio...rents-day-story.html

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

https://www.independent.co.uk/...parent-a7917681.html

https://www.latimes.com/opinio...rents-day-story.html

Umm, you proved his point?

Neither of those links say anything about a "Single Mother's Day". The second one is about two gay fathers and Mother's Day. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10909 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day I’m at the strip club is “Single Mother’s Day”
Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Every day I’m at the strip club is “Single Mother’s Day”
Wink

Wait, I still don't understand. You get to go to strip clubs/titty bars? Married fathers aren't.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post