SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sometimes my wife is frustrating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes my wife is frustrating Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So we have this stupid gift exchange at work for Christmas. Minimum is $10, no limit if you want to go higher. I can guarantee $10 is all anyone will spend.
I want to drop $22 per gift and get a couple Amazon Dots. I wouldn’t want one, but the younger group of people I work with will be like seagulls at the dump fighting over them.
Wife wants to go to Penny’s or WalMart and get some sock slippers or kitchen spatula set. She said the $22 was too much and imbalancing the gift exchange.
I’d rather spend a little extra and get people what they’ll really use. A portable speaker that will listen and play music and allow you to order from Amazon, spy on you for some agency, etc. Great gift. Kids would love it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Be the rebel. Bring imbalance to the game.
Nothing like asymmetric warfare.

Conan Christmas!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have this problem my whole fucking life. Spend a little more and be nice. Your moral choices are accounted for by karma, not your bank balance.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
$12 to get frustrated with the wife...? Not remotely worth it, especially considering you want to spend MORE! Big Grin

Nothing moral about secret santa gifts either. Get em a $10 woopie cushion! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will fight over a $10.00 scratch off.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
See, that's what happens when you involve her. Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Your wife is frustrating? Guess you haven't been married long. Get used to it, its a way of life.

The work around is to do as you please and the prior poster was right, you shouldn't involve her.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laughing hard at your phraseology here: "I wouldn’t want one, but the younger group of people I work with will be like seagulls at the dump fighting over them."

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
It's not smart, but it's a speaker... and it's nine bucks.

Best Buy link.

- - - -

"like seagulls at the dump"

I've got to find a way to use that line tomorrow! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Okay, trying to reply in order here.

Been married 15 years. Not new to the game. We agree on most things.

She works at the same company. Impossible to not include her.

I appreciate that a few of you appreciate seagulls at the dump. It’s one of those phrases that always brings a smile to my face.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The power cords look like they're about $10. Buy the $22 dot, remove the cord, and gift it separately. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Okay, trying to reply in order here.

Been married 15 years. Not new to the game. We agree on most things.

She works at the same company. Impossible to not include her.

I appreciate that a few of you appreciate seagulls at the dump. It’s one of those phrases that always brings a smile to my face.

Easy, let her buy her cheesy $10 gift to give out and you buy the $22 gift you want to give.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like you're going to Spatula City:

https://youtu.be/2XbCWmY0eqY

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes frustrating??? You're lucky. Buckle up, it'll get worse.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I know what I would do.. Buy the dot and thank her for her input lol.

spatula or socks are terrible ideas. A 10 dollar amazon gift card would be better!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi dee hoe , neighbor

Sometimes , what a spouse does not know , or does not find out , does not hurt her

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
..like seagulls at the dump fighting over them
Mine! Mine! Mine! Big Grin

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post