SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why must all people cerakote their guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why must all people cerakote their guns? Login/Join 
Picture of ops cwo
posted
Cerakote? Want to buy a gun or a scope and some ahole has decieded to Cerakote why???

If it is blued re-blue it, stainless leave it alone. If a scope do not change the factory color....
OHHHH

Posts: 262 | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I bet you drive a beige Camry.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Not "all people" do.

It is rugged fancy piece of glam for the gun that makes it (to them) look cool. It's their gun. If you don't like that pattern on their gun don't buy it.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:

That's FDE actually.....

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Because it's so operator! If I ever have the need to camouflage my firearm, I would rather krylon it to match the season.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Don't put up with that shit,buy new.
I have been known to rattle can some of mine,but then I have never outright sold one.
Gave away at least 50 in my life time,winding down in life and enjoy seeing smiles on a gift to a deserving friend.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Maybe it started lifevas rainbow titanium and cerakote was a huge improvement.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, need to keep it pristine so you can sell when you need rent or child support $$$.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

That's FDE actually.....

Ahem. That's "Tactical Beige," sir. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If people want to do things to their firearms or parts, I am all for it. I have done a few things to mine and will never part with them. Of course when you try to sell that same piece, you might not get what you wanted.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife was admiring a nice purple / pink two-tone cerakote she saw couple weeks ago. Considering it for her P320.

I'm gonna have to warn her though she won't get much on re-sell if she splits on me and needs to turn it over to pay the child support she'll be sending my way. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Why?

Very few people buy guns that they believe they won’t keep forever. That belief in turn convinces them that any modifications will have to satisfy only them and no one else in the future: “Ya know, I think the Mona Lisa would look better with a moustache,” or “Mount a Picatinny rail on a pristine original Whitworth rifle? Sure, why not? It’s my gun, and I’ve got a nice Tasco scope that would make it shoot better.”

Sometimes people also believe in naïve ignorance that something like refinishing a gun will increase its value (not that they’re planning to sell it, just that they now have a more “valuable” gun).

I, however, have become a little superstitious about making permanent modifications to guns. It seems that the more I do things like that, the less happy I’ll be with the gun in the long run. And years of experience don’t seem to help.

Not too long ago I bought a relatively expensive rifle, a new scope and bipod for it, and reloading dies and components all at the same time. Before I even shot it I had the bottom metal changed, but when I wasn’t happy with that I upgraded to a new chassis that was nearly as expensive as the rifle itself. Now the gun, fancy chassis, and four expensive magazines (three of which are still in the wrap) are on consignment at a local store.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Can I Cerakote my cat? He sheds too much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Because it's my shit and I'll do with it as I please.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I think it's comical when people think their home garage cerakote job actually adds value to the used gun they're selling. I have nothing against people doing it and think a lot of cerakote work looks pretty cool, especially from the pros. I feel the same way about home stippling jobs on polymer pistols. Now, that doesn't mean I won't try it myself on my guns. I just wouldn't expect to be able to sell them as easily.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ops cwo:
Cerakote? Want to buy a gun or a scope and some ahole has decieded to Cerakote why???

If it is blued re-blue it, stainless leave it alone. If a scope do not change the factory color....
OHHHH

Why? Because it's their toys, and they can damn well do whatever they want with them. Wink

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You have a problem with tolerance ehh? Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my first "colored" gun a couple of years ago. SP2022 in FDE.
Guy who sold it to me cheap said he reduced the price because it was ugly and no one wanted it.
Works for me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Typical belief of people who never / rarely shoot or carry their guns - the 'safe dwellers only' crowd.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post