SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Online banking grumble.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online banking grumble. Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
Just paying some bills and one won't go through. That's when I notice this.

"Please select a weekday for your payment. A weekend date cannot be selected."

Apparently the banking computer doesn't work on the weekends! The bank computers must have unionized. The International Brotherhood of Banking Computers Local 10110101101011110 Wink

I dunno... I'm on the system right now and it seems to be working. Why can't I pay you now? That's a new one for me. I've seen then usual one, your payment won't count until tomorrow because it's after 5pm or whatever, but never this one.

"Yeah we know you paid us, but we're not going to let it count for two days. We know you're using the modern technological marvel that is the home computer and all, but we still like following banking policies from the 1800's because it makes us extra money!"

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
In this electronic system age, the "business day excuse" is getting old. How much of this shit requires an actual human's interaction on a work day?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bank pays most vendors 7 days per week electronically. A few are mailed an old fashioned check week days only.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've seen it where you schedule it for a weekend delivery and it automatically pulls it to Friday for you.

It's stupid that they didn't think this situation won't come up and just program it away instead of giving you a no-go message.

I would give them feedback. It's worked for me in the past.

Last time was with Schwab and their monthly statements. I have several accounts. The issue is the page to click on the statements is ordered by account name then date. Some accounts if no transactions occurred don't generate a statement.

I keep waiting for the latest statements to show up but I don't see them. I stop at the account where the date is old because no statement has been generated. When I figured out the problem that the statements have been there except down in the page, I blew up. Some stupid computer geek decided to sort in order of column starting with the name instead of the statement date.

They did change the way the reports are sorted and someone called me about it. It was fixed fairly quickly after I submitted the feedback.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post