SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Optioning a New Car
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optioning a New Car Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
The few option packages also make it easier for dealers to find cars at other dealers for a customer if they don't have the customers color in stock.
I might be missing something in your logic, but I do not see how it applies to this thread.

If you did not under stand the original post, go back and read it again. Look at the last sentence of that post. Wolfe 21 is talking about ordering the car that he wants, he is not talking about what is "in stock."

Well unfortunately it's the way it is. Producers produce something with various options and that's it. I can't go to my grocery store and ask them to sell me a 1.6 liter bottle of Coke......you pick the one that's closest to what you want and buy it. It's a PRODUCTION vehicle, not a custom ordered car like a Porsche or Bentley. It's like ordering a Production $900 1911, it comes with what it comes with and you may have a few choices (commander vs govt) or s/s versus blued, but it's not like ordering a Wilson where you have the ability to change a lot of pieces on it. It's also not priced like one either.

I understand the OPs gripe. But unfortunately there isn't anything any of us can do about it.

I understand this concept as a reality in how modern vehicles are sold. I just wanted to, as the header says, pitch my bitch.
And yes, my intention is to order a vehicle from factory instead of taking the "we have this one" available at my local dealer.
I am a picky bastard and am well aware of it. I will only buy black/charcoal interiors, prefer cloth to vinyl or leather, want a manual transmission (eliminating half my vehicles of interest right there), black, dark blue, gray or dark green exterior paint, prefer manual windows and mirrors, no sunroof or convertibles, prefer coupe over sedan, body color bumpers, door handles, mirrors, fuel economy in the upper 20s minimum, as little techno bullshit as possible and an interior comfortable for my 6'-2" 240lb self. Passengers are not a concern, as they are very rare. My first car was AM only, no air and bench seat. Cost less than a Legion.

I can't afford an M3 or CTSV or this would be done already.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post