SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My first time seeing trans bathroom.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first time seeing trans bathroom. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Almost walked into theirs, saw 'hers' and instinctively went to go into 'his', but then realized there were extra letters involved here. Upon further inspection it said 'theirs'.

Wife and I were wondering what it costs. I estimate $50-60k in buildout, plus cleaning three bathroom's instead of two and keeping a 'theirs' employee on staff just for cleaning. Hopefully new additional alaphebet customers generate enough business by being attracted to progressive businesses with three bathroom's rather than two. I can't imagine they'll ever break even.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
The joke is on them. “Theirs” is a plural possessive. It suggests that the room is intended for couples.

I’ll just leave that right there.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
His, Hers, Liberals.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
How about Mens, Womens and "It".

He, She, It?

Yeah, I'm not politically correct.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just a family bathroom with a diaper changing station?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merriam-Webster just released the new words this last week. "They" is now available to be used in the singular.

https://www.merriam-webster.co...ds-in-the-dictionary

They: expanded to include this sense: “used to refer to a single person whose gender identity is nonbinary.” It's an expansion of a use that is sometimes called the “singular they” (and one that has a long history in English). When a reflexive pronoun corresponding to singular use of they is needed, themself is seeing increasing use.

BTW, my family was vacationing through the mid-west 40+ years ago - stopped at one place that had three doors - Men, Women, and Undecided. Happened to see someone open the third one - it was the janitor's closet (and yes, I understand the irony of using the word "closet").

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Use hers and piss all over the seat

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Lol. I use family bathrooms every time I’m at the airport. More private. Almost always open. And I usually have my opp sex child with me, so no bitching from anyone then.
Believe it or not, my local U had someone who freaked when I brought my then 3 yo son into the women’s bathroom to pee before swimming class. Had to stop class and open the family bathroom so he could use the toilet every week after that. (He typically peed once before and once towards the end of class). What utter bs. But I learned.
A family bathroom should cover every individual’s needs. No need to relabel.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:

I use family bathrooms every time I’m at the airport. More private. Almost always open. And I usually have my opp sex child with me, so no bitching from anyone then.

I have a small business, supplying independently owned hardware stores (Ace, True Value, etc.)

In one of the stores they are renovating the restrooms, one at a time. They are currently working on what used to be the women's room, so that is closed. The one that used to be the men's room is now re-labeled "family."

On my last visit to the store, I told the manager (whom I have known for many years), "I really have to pee, and I can't use the 'family' room because it's just me, I didn't bring my wife or kids with me."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

It wasn't. I was showing my wife and waiter walked up. It was a Theirs bathroom not a Family one. I was surprised, waiter was a younger guy, college aged. He rolled his eyes at the discussion of the bathroom.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Hey Jesse, can you shoot me an email with name/location of restaurant? Always looking for new places in our area!

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever go into a men's room with no urinal, just a commode and for a split second, wonder if you went in the wrong one ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
His, Hers, Liberals.

More like His, Hers and Confused. I'm really getting tired of the PC bullshit.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Take your GF in theirs for a 'quickie'. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
They got shrubbery outside? Just go piss in the pine tree. There used to be a rule that you never build a house where you can't take a leak out in the yard. Ever been to a party at a house where there's a line of women at the john, each taking a few minutes to do their business? I don't have friends who are too prissy to piss outdoors. It becomes a landscaping issue at that point.

A friend was over for a party at my house. Big event out on the river, fireworks party. He went inside and saw the lines. One for the guess bathroom, another upstairs, and a third in our bedroom. He asked if I minded if he took a leak behind the garage. Foolish question, of course not. Its were I go. The yard was terraced and he hossed it out on the lower level. There were some bushes lining the next level. Sure enough, some drunk girl was there pissing. he waited until he was done, all the while watching. He then mentioned to her "nice". She screamed as if he violated her somehow. She was the one showing it, he just looked. She ran off, trying to get her jeans and undies up. Smile

Had they called my dick nice, I'd have worried about his life decisions.

Some evenings I can't make it from the garage to the house. So I go alongside the garage. My garage, I'll do as I please.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’d have no issue taking a dump in there.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Hey Jesse, can you shoot me an email with name/location of restaurant? Always looking for new places in our area!

It was Jackson's in Reston Town Center. They are part of Great American Restaurants. So if you like Coastal Flats, Artie's, Sweetwater Tavern, then you'll likely like Jackson's. If you end up going my favorite thing on the menu is the French Dip. Sliced prime rib (lots of it) and au jus. I add havarti to it. Was my 40th birthday last night. I got 8oz filet and crab cake, their crab cakes are awesome. Shirp and crab fritters for the app. Moscow mule for the drink.

Their virtue signalling will not stop me from going again. It's their business decision, I think it's a stupid one to make, but in the end still it doesn't affect me.

I'd highly recommend you go and try the French dip. For lunch, you guys could share French dip and app and walk away full, we've even done that for dinner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I first ran into that nonsense in 2009 when we were touring colleges for my soon to be high school graduate son. We were touring the University of Vermont campus when we came across a gender neutral bathroom. I asked the tour guide what that meant and he said in a sincere voice that it was for students who might not feel comfortable identifying as particular sex. I laughed but neither he nor any of the other parents on the tour seemed as amused. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Believe it or not, my local U had someone who freaked when I brought my then 3 yo son into the women’s bathroom to pee before swimming class. Had to stop class and open the family bathroom so he could use the toilet every week after that. (He typically peed once before and once towards the end of class). What utter bs. But I learned.

Ha! I had almost the exact experience with swimming lessons at the local College when I was about 3. My mom took me through the women's locker room to go pee and I remember a bunch of older women giving me dirty looks and saying why is a boy in here? It felt bit awkward even at 3-4 years old.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I saw that nonsense in restaurant or any place I was a paying customer, I'd call the manager over and ask them just what in the fuck this is supposed to be, and how 'bout I walk in the "Hers" out of a sense of confusion?

Stupid fucking shit

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post