SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When I say I want to be contacted by email....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When I say I want to be contacted by email.... Login/Join 
posted
Why must you ignore me and blow up my phone? If I wanted to be called IO would have said so but I want a paper trail and like things in writing....Congratulations, your ignorance just cost you a $900.00 job!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Text and e-mail have no emotions or say, I don't have time to actually talk with you.

A phone call gives a personal touch and relays they wanted to provide quality services.

Everybody is different in how they communicate and in the way they prefer to communicate.
If you want a paper trail, signed contract first.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Years ago I inquired to four different dealerships about a car. I specifically noted that I work night shift and preferred to be contacted via email. The three that called me lost my business. The one that emailed me is the one I went to buy from.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8018 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Everybody is different in how they communicate and in the way they prefer to communicate.

Sounds like the OP is the customer. The business should communicate via his preferred method.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Sounds like the OP is the customer. The business should communicate via his preferred method.

When I was shopping for a new vehicle, I only shopped via the internet department. In their initial questionnaires, they either ask for your preferred contact method or they provide you with a location to make notes. I'm very explicit that I do NOT want them to call me, I want to communicate via email only. If they can't get that right, they don't get my business.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9686 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hard of hearing. Text and email, and in person (when I can watch lips) are how I communicate. When I'm conducting business, I don't do it over the phone. Like it or lump it.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was President of my HOA and had a batshit crazy property manager that would call me a million times a day. I finally sent her a detailed email telling her that I did not have time to deal with all her calls and to please email me ONLY....yup, within 5 minutes she called me to tell me she received my email.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a dealer to look at a truck.

I gave the sales guy my email address, and I made the mistake of giving him my phone number, but told him NOT to call, use the phone for text ONLY, or email, as I am hearing impaired.

The putz called multiple times, left voicemail messages asking me to return his call.

I wrote an email, telling him that due to his inability to understand my requested form of contact, and / or his total disregard of my stated preference, it is doubtful that I will be buying a truck at that dealer (David Maus Chevrolet, if any of you Orlando area folks want to know who to avoid), and under no circumstances whatsoever, would I consider dealing with him.

I also told him not to reply, I was not interested in any further communication from him.

I think he got the message; that was a couple weeks ago and I have not heard from him since then.

Going forward, my standard response to car salesmen if they ask for my phone number, I will tell them that I do not have a phone, they can contact me via email.

That will have the added benefit, if / when I do buy a truck, of cutting off the interminable third party calls to sell extended warranties.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Text and e-mail have no emotions or say, I don't have time to actually talk with you.

A phone call gives a personal touch and relays they wanted to provide quality services.

I deal with this every day. Save the speech. I want the paper trail. Spare me talkin’

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

I deal with this every day. Save the speech. I want the paper trail. Spare me talkin’

I don't want emotions, I just want facts, efficiency, and results.

And no, I don't actually have time to talk to you as a provider - I save that time for my customers IF they want to talk. But usually they don't and correspond via email / text as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pity the person (if anybody) ever gets my house phone number from years ago. I give that number to everybody for everything. I assume they have to recycle phone numbers eventually?

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Explaining someones actions is not a speech.

quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:

Agreed, I was just offering an opinion on why someone might call vrs text or e-mail.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
We moved our home number to an old cell phone that we never answer. We give that number out to people we don't want to talk to.

When I started shopping for a new truck I set up a google voice phone number and a gmail account just to give out to the dealerships. After I bought my truck I just threw them away.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post