SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Christmas carols at the top of your 'most annoying" list?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas carols at the top of your 'most annoying" list? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I'm already sick and tired of Holly Jolly Christmas.

The first 6,789 times (this season) I've heard it on the radio at work were tolerable.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I heard some stuff at the grocery store I'm not sure how to describe. Best I can do is Hip-Hop Christmas songs.

Set my teeth on edge.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Brenda Lee's "Rockin Round the Christmas Tree"

I absolutely hate that song.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Just about anything written after 1965 or so.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Not sure if these are the worst or best. Smile

I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of them. I am Grinch!

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That Christmas Shoes song...man I hate that one.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Paul McCartney's Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time...DAMN IT'S HORRIBLY ANNOYING Red Face

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
John Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)".

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Grandma got run over by a reindeer

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
“It’s a Marshmallow World” tops the list for me. I can’t stand it. It’s been covered by some great singers, but it’s just a horrible song.

“The Little Drummer Boy” is second on the list.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Having worked retail in the early 70’s I hate them all.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second vote for The Christmas Shoes by Tim McGraw. The song attempts to plunge a knife in your chest and pull out your still beating heart. The song is about a poor boy, dressed in dirty clothes, whose mother has been sick for a long time. Mom is about to die - on Christmas Eve of course. So the boy wants to buy a pair of shoes for his mother so she looks nice when she meets Jesus. It's probably not a bad song, but I just can't listen to it. Not really a Christmas Carol I guess, but it a Christmas song on my do not listen list.

Posts: 1050 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Not sure if these are the worst or best. Smile

I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas
years ago had a copy .... only recorded on one side..other side blank.. back in the day .... .. drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
All of them and I’m Catholic.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Feliz navidad makes me want to jump off a bridge

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m the antithesis of this thread.
I love Christmas and everything about it.
I jam to carols starting in November.
I have seen the TSO a few times.
I love the decorations.
I love the Christmas spirit.
I love giving and seeing people happy receiving gifts.

Screw John Lennon and his stupid war is over crap.
Aside of that they’re all awesome.

Merry Christmas to all my Sigforum brothers.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I too love Christmas but Paul McCartneys Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time is terrible.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yeah.

Who is that guy Chet, and why is he roasting his nuts over an open fire?

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
About the only one that doesn't sound like fingernails on a chalkboard to me is All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey.

There's just something about it that resonates in me.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post