SIGforum
A Promotion Is NOT Supposed To Be Traumatic

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5210083754

June 05, 2019, 06:28 AM
joel9507
A Promotion Is NOT Supposed To Be Traumatic
Congratulations! Best of luck with the new position. Sounds like you're definitely the man for that particular job.

I'm sure you have your eyes wide open re: the ex-boss-now-direct-report. Folks like her are past masters at appearing normal to their superiors (now, you) while biding their time.
June 05, 2019, 06:34 AM
Mars_Attacks
She got an ugly beat down twice by executives yesterday for being the Department of Can't.

It's almost too ugly to watch. Like a train smashing in slow motion into a dumpster fire.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
June 05, 2019, 06:40 AM
marksman41
She earned the beat downs, and more probably. Nice to see those deserving of karma (either good or bad) receive it in a timely manner. Smile

June 05, 2019, 08:29 AM
trapper189
She was your boss, now you are in charge of what used to be her department, but you are not her boss? You both report to the same person?

The powers that be are hedging their bets. They believe you to be the right person for the job, but don't want to let her go just yet. Since you are the right person and will prove it, she'll be let go soon.
June 05, 2019, 08:40 AM
oddball
Congrats Mars. And good luck dealing with Miss Personality. She sounds like a really stupid woman.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
June 05, 2019, 09:07 AM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
She has to go. She will undermine everything you do. Document everything and have some frank and direct conversations with your bosses, they know it too I'll bet.

You can't clear the culture if the producer of the toxic atmosphere is still around. I'll bet they will all thank you when she's gone.

THIS!!

This! BTDT a couple decades ago. Took a while but got it done. Good luck, hang in there and don't let them grind you down!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
June 05, 2019, 11:26 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
She got an ugly beat down twice by executives yesterday for being the Department of Can't.

It's almost too ugly to watch. Like a train smashing in slow motion into a dumpster fire.

So why is she still even employed there?

She sounds like an absolute disaster.

June 05, 2019, 03:37 PM
jimmy123x
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Her incompetence will work itself out and her as well. Just stand back far enough to not get any shrapnel from the fallout.
June 06, 2019, 05:09 AM
nukeandpave
Congratulations.
Agree with above posts, document EVERYTHING. Consider getting a voice recorder if you dont already have one. A friend has one that looks like an ink pen.
June 06, 2019, 11:07 AM
matthew03
I am so proud of you man, you put in the work, went above and beyond, and now are going to enjoy that success.

I was in a very similar situation and it went the other way. I can say I took the high ground, but it's hard to win a fight against people with no morals that will do and say anything.

It's in the past now, I've mostly moved on and healed, but those were very bad times.

Keep kicking ass and let the woman hang herself, document, but do not engage in her BS.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com
June 06, 2019, 04:42 PM
Gregory056349
I loved reading every word. Congratulations. Many hard working people get stepped on everyday by incompetent fools
June 07, 2019, 11:28 AM
Mars_Attacks
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I was in a very similar situation and it went the other way. I can say I took the high ground, but it's hard to win a fight against people with no morals that will do and say anything.

Went the same way for me at the school system.

My reviews were the worst possible without being bad. *meets expectations *adequate *average - while corrupt, lazy nincompoops got all sorts of bonus pay and promotions for writing fake grants and cheating. I gathered evidence, turned whistle blower and sat back to see what happened. Yeah it destroyed my career and over 200 others, but I won. A pyrrhic victory at best, but a price I was willing to pay.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
April 21, 2022, 10:46 PM
Mars_Attacks
I come tonight to resurrect this thread.

The toxic came to head and I had to play dirtier than I ever thought I could have.

I got promoted AGAIN today. I am now an officer and got a huge salary increase with profit sharing to keep me at the company.

Toxic manager got stripped of her managerial authority and is merely an employee now.

She had been warned several times and merely switched tactics until she got caught.
However all of this has given me an ulcer. A bad one. It will be cauterized in two weeks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
April 21, 2022, 11:49 PM
bigguy
Congratulations on receiving the recognition and compensation you deserve.
April 22, 2022, 01:00 AM
irreverent
Wow. Sad that she’s still there, and more so, that it appears she’s affecting your health.

"Trust, but verify."
April 22, 2022, 02:04 AM
sigmonkey
My friend.

I do not have words to adequately convey my heart for your just reward.
Your patience, diligence and commitment to the mission has produced its fruit.
(and I know that it pains you to see other lose, what they should not have, because of their selfish choices)

I am most happy for you.

You and William have always been the most real and honest friends anyone could ever hope to have the pleasure of knowing.

Hoping you get past the toxic crap, and properly healed.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
April 22, 2022, 05:23 AM
45 Cal
This is great news,you are a great person and you won the out over the B.
You will win on the health front also
April 22, 2022, 06:35 AM
Beancooker
Congratulations Marzy. What a fantastic promotion. I’m sorry the toxic one has caused you health issues. I do hope that since you are now an officer in the company, you can simply gather some documentation and terminate this toxic employee.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
April 22, 2022, 07:31 AM
Mars_Attacks
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I do hope that since you are now an officer in the company, you can simply gather some documentation and terminate this toxic employee.

She won't be terminated unless she does something REALLY stupid now. They just removed her teeth and she just has to ride until her retirement.

Documenting the toxic behavior is what led to this. I had the new executive manager do it.

She has enough tracked, documentable work to do that she can't interfere anymore.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
April 22, 2022, 10:25 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
So why is she still even employed there?

She sounds like an absolute disaster.

Affirmative Action undoubtedly.