SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Drive Through Orders: You Say One Thing And They Hear Another Thing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drive Through Orders: You Say One Thing And They Hear Another Thing Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Y'all are missing out on Whataburger, it is standard for them to repeat the order back to you, verbatim. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Y'all are missing out on Whataburger, it is standard for them to repeat the order back to you, verbatim. Wink

Whataburger has the best record of correct orders for me. Not that we do fast food often, but I've had more incorrect orders from Chik-Fil-A & Panera than Whataburger.

Panera is annoying because it's not usually incorrect, but missing items. On me for not checking the bag before leaving. Luckily it's only about 1/2 mile away.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Aughh, why ya go and have to bring this up? They just got order WRONG again at Wendys Confused
I have found Wendy's to be the worst offender. It has gotten to the point where I go inside, instead of the drive-through, and I when they bring the take-out order to the counter I ask the server to please check the order. They're not happy about it, but they do it, and much of the time they find that the order is not correct.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Aughh, why ya go and have to bring this up? They just got order WRONG again at Wendys Confused
I have found Wendy's to be the worst offender. It has gotten to the point where I go inside, instead of the drive-through, and I when they bring the take-out order to the counter I ask the server to please check the order. They're not happy about it, but they do it, and much of the time they find that the order is not correct.

Yea, this time they stiffed me on no salad dressing and croutons. I've been experimenting looking for good dressing lately and opened up a new bottle of Neumans honey mustard at home and it wasn't good at all imo. Tossed the salad and ate the chicken that came with it. The salad wasn't that good as I remember either.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No napkin in the bag Mad

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This morning is another example:

Pull up to McDonald's drive through order speaker/screen.

McDonald's Drone: Can I help you?

Me: Yes, a large iced coffee with cream, NO LIQUID SUGAR (I have to say this because they WILL add extra if I don't)

McDonald's Drone: What was that again?

Me: A large iced coffee with cream, NO LIQUID SUGAR

McDonald's Drone: My bad, what was that again?

Me (getting irritated that I have to tell this guy 3 times now): A large iced coffee with cream, NO LIQUID SUGAR!

McDonald's Drone: Ok that will be $1.48 please pull around to first window

I pay and then pull forward to second window to pick up. Lady hands me a medium iced coffee.

I tell her that I had ordered a large and done it 3 times. She sighs and fixes it.

And these people want 15 friggen' dollars an hour? It's just not going to happen! Mad

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Well dang Wendys did it again to me! I'm an idiot..this time I just ordered a baked potato with the broccoli and cheese and spicy chicken sandwich.

They gave me a plain baked potato, no sour cream, no butter, nada..they don't even sell a plain baked potato on the menu, I'd suppose you could request it though....man, they stung me again!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My wife's friend used to say, " Just put anything in a bag, its what you re going to do anyway."

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We all love Chick-Fil-A, but the local one drives me nuts. I sometimes swing through the drive-through and order a spicy chicken sandwich.

I can't hear very well, but I do speak very clearly. I order a spicy chicken sandwich, not a "meal."

Yet, more that half the time, when I get to the window, the bag (and the charge slip) contain an order of waffle fries. No, I did not order fries, I did not order a "meal," I just ordered a sandwich.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sort of semi-related. When they give you your change, they give you the bills first, then set the coins on top of the bills where they can slide off onto the ground. Is it that much trouble to put the coins in your hand first?

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:

Sort of semi-related. When they give you your change, they give you the bills first, then set the coins on top of the bills where they can slide off onto the ground. Is it that much trouble to put the coins in your hand first?
Hah! I thought I was the only one.

I am in the habit of removing my hand from the "receiving" position if the bills are offered first, and indicating that coins should be given to me first, for the very reason that you cited.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Youse guys aint the only ones this irrytates

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

I thought I was the only one! Very glad to see that this bugs other people as much as it bugs me!

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I suspect that the folks in the kitchen are playing a joke by screwing up the order intentionally.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Yea, this time they stiffed me on no salad dressing and croutons. I've been experimenting looking for good dressing lately and opened up a new bottle of Neumans honey mustard at home and it wasn't good at all imo. Tossed the salad and ate the chicken that came with it. The salad wasn't that good as I remember either.

LOLOLOLOL I did the same thing. The Newmans honey mustard is bland and sucks. The Ken's honey mustard is the best honey mustard I've found.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

I thought I was the only one! Very glad to see that this bugs other people as much as it bugs me!

When we made change from cash registers, we’d hand out the coins first. That brought us to the dollar.Then add the bills. Now the computer saws “12.25” so the guy hands out the bills then the coins. Often they are holding the bills from the ends and balancing the coins on the bills.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It's not just the drive-thru's. We have a Hardee's here that we refuse to go to any more. We started calling it "pot luck Hardee's" because no matter what you ordered you had no idea what you were going to get.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can't multitask. And task one is to be on their social media account complaining about how hard the job is

Posts: 1402 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post