SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Drive Through Orders: You Say One Thing And They Hear Another Thing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drive Through Orders: You Say One Thing And They Hear Another Thing Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Why oh why can't people who take drive-through orders ever get it right when you loudly and clearly specify something?

Twice now, Dunkin Donuts has done this: I get into the drive-through and order a bagel with my iced coffee. DO NOT TOAST I say to them, clearly and loudly.

So what do they do? Extra toast that thing! I'm too far away to realize this to go back and the line is 10 cars deep anyway so that's not happening.

How is it that my very specific "DO NOT TOAST" gets turned into "extra done toasting"?

I just don't get it. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
One word.

"TFYATDT!"
-Leo Getz

Ok, so that's like seven words.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If they were paid fifteen bucks / hour, the same schmucks would get your order right.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Carpooled to a concert a few months ago.
Couple we went with wanted to stop for a bite on the way home, near midnight.

Pulled into a Taco Bell drive thru & rolled the back window down (I was driving) so they could order.
He orders some Skittles slush thing, order-taker comes back with "A bean burrito" Confused

Luckily, we were still at the speaker (and laughing pretty well) & got it resolved before the window.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If they were paid fifteen bucks / hour, the same schmucks would get your order right.

Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
One word.

"TFYATDT!"
-Leo Getz

Ok, so that's like seven words.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
the guy behind you in line is saying.... WTF! They didn't toast my damn bagel!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/HzDaygiHM80

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Somehow in speakerspeak, Dr. Pepper instantly becomes Diet Dr. Pepper. WTF?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This has happened to me a few times with "no" and "only." I ask for no ketchup on burgers and get them with only ketchup.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Anytime I want something custom, I go inside.

I consider drive-thru showroom model order only.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wait, you eat a bagel without toasting it?

What is wrong with you?

That is the real travesty here! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Order what you want, eat what your given.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Order what you want, eat what your given.
Also known as "shut up and color!". Wink

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

What is wrong with you?
Spoken like a man who has never had a fresh bagel, right out of the oven, at a neighborhood mom & pop bagel bakery in Brooklyn. Anybody who toasts one of these should be sentenced to a lifetime of no bagels.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

What is wrong with you?
Spoken like a man who has never had a fresh bagel, right out of the oven, at a neighborhood mom & pop bagel bakery in Brooklyn. Anybody who toasts one of these should be sentenced to a lifetime of no bagels.

I concede the point, but he isn't getting bagels like that from Dunkin Donuts. Wink

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I am going through the drive thru and I order something other than the standard menu item (no onions for example), I repeat it TWICE with emphasis (absolutely no onions whatsoever) and I then make the drive thru person repeat the order back to me. My wife gets mad at me for being obnoxious, but since I began doing that the accuracy of my orders has improved significantly.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Aughh, why ya go and have to bring this up? They just got order WRONG again at Wendys Confused

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post