SIGforum
Drive Through Orders: You Say One Thing And They Hear Another Thing

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5210015654

May 08, 2019, 11:03 AM
PASig
Drive Through Orders: You Say One Thing And They Hear Another Thing
Why oh why can't people who take drive-through orders ever get it right when you loudly and clearly specify something?

Twice now, Dunkin Donuts has done this: I get into the drive-through and order a bagel with my iced coffee. DO NOT TOAST I say to them, clearly and loudly.

So what do they do? Extra toast that thing! I'm too far away to realize this to go back and the line is 10 cars deep anyway so that's not happening.

How is it that my very specific "DO NOT TOAST" gets turned into "extra done toasting"?

I just don't get it. Confused

May 08, 2019, 11:05 AM
sigmonkey
One word.

"TFYATDT!"
-Leo Getz

Ok, so that's like seven words.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
May 08, 2019, 11:18 AM
V-Tail
If they were paid fifteen bucks / hour, the same schmucks would get your order right.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 08, 2019, 11:51 AM
P250UA5
Carpooled to a concert a few months ago.
Couple we went with wanted to stop for a bite on the way home, near midnight.

Pulled into a Taco Bell drive thru & rolled the back window down (I was driving) so they could order.
He orders some Skittles slush thing, order-taker comes back with "A bean burrito" Confused

Luckily, we were still at the speaker (and laughing pretty well) & got it resolved before the window.

The Enemy's gate is down.
May 08, 2019, 11:54 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If they were paid fifteen bucks / hour, the same schmucks would get your order right.

Big Grin

May 08, 2019, 12:15 PM
PeteF
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
One word.

"TFYATDT!"
-Leo Getz

Ok, so that's like seven words.

May 08, 2019, 12:38 PM
zoom6zoom
the guy behind you in line is saying.... WTF! They didn't toast my damn bagel!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
May 08, 2019, 01:14 PM
ffips

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/HzDaygiHM80
May 08, 2019, 05:17 PM
.38supersig
Somehow in speakerspeak, Dr. Pepper instantly becomes Diet Dr. Pepper. WTF?

May 09, 2019, 05:17 AM
egregore
This has happened to me a few times with "no" and "only." I ask for no ketchup on burgers and get them with only ketchup.
May 09, 2019, 06:18 AM
Mars_Attacks
Anytime I want something custom, I go inside.

I consider drive-thru showroom model order only.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
May 09, 2019, 06:42 AM
RHINOWSO
Wait, you eat a bagel without toasting it?

What is wrong with you?

That is the real travesty here! Wink
May 09, 2019, 11:43 AM
gpbst3
Order what you want, eat what your given.

May 09, 2019, 01:30 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Order what you want, eat what your given.
Also known as "shut up and color!". Wink
May 09, 2019, 01:39 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

What is wrong with you?
Spoken like a man who has never had a fresh bagel, right out of the oven, at a neighborhood mom & pop bagel bakery in Brooklyn. Anybody who toasts one of these should be sentenced to a lifetime of no bagels.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 09, 2019, 05:46 PM
egregore

May 11, 2019, 09:40 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

What is wrong with you?
Spoken like a man who has never had a fresh bagel, right out of the oven, at a neighborhood mom & pop bagel bakery in Brooklyn. Anybody who toasts one of these should be sentenced to a lifetime of no bagels.

I concede the point, but he isn't getting bagels like that from Dunkin Donuts. Wink
May 11, 2019, 11:56 AM
Floyd D. Barber

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

May 11, 2019, 12:14 PM
Fed161
When I am going through the drive thru and I order something other than the standard menu item (no onions for example), I repeat it TWICE with emphasis (absolutely no onions whatsoever) and I then make the drive thru person repeat the order back to me. My wife gets mad at me for being obnoxious, but since I began doing that the accuracy of my orders has improved significantly.
May 12, 2019, 02:02 PM
just1tym
Aughh, why ya go and have to bring this up? They just got order WRONG again at Wendys Confused

Regards, Will G.