SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Now I Get To Deal With Progressive Insurance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now I Get To Deal With Progressive Insurance Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Dang, I feel like a damn accident magnet. How in the hell do you get nailed in the slow lane while exceeding by 5 by some dumbass in a company van that wants to pass you at a high rate of speed over in the 45mph lane?

The glancing blow smashes the tail light and rips the plastic bumper cover off the rear of my BMW.

He tells his boss that he's just driving along and I lock up my brakes in front of him.

Well at work I call his employment, while I'm speaking to his boss on the phone I email him the dash cam video. Boss changes his accusatory tune and becomes mouse quiet and says oh. Damn.

Employee driving the company van doesn't even have a GA drivers license.

In the video, he is the van to my left as I go past doing about 70 in a 65, somewhere along the line, he whips it over while gunning it to pass and just clips me in the rear doing well over the posted 45 in the flex/shoulder lane.

Progressive has set hurdles for me to get my car repaired. They set times for me to go to their investigation office when I can't make it. However the time I CAN go, they "aren't taking claims at that time". They then inform me they no longer have field adjusters, but I can take pictures and they will send me a check for damages. However I am responsible for the rental car and they will reimburse me at a "fair rate".

I want it to go to the BMW place and have OEM BMW parts used to repair it, not some shit chinese knockoff parts.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbh_QyQafM

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34063 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Why are you doing anything??
Pay your deductible with your insurance, give them your video, get the car fixed where you want it fixed. Your insurance goes after their company/insurance and you get your deductible back when done.
All you do is turn over your video and get your car to the repair shop of your choice.
I never understood why folks bother doing stuff on their own you pay folks handsomely each month to do it for you when something happens.
Unless you have liability only but that is generally a silliness too for another conversation.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25317 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you have every right to go to the dealer or body shop of your choice. I believe the same is true replacing with O.E.M parts & panels. I’ve been retired 12 years, so things my ave changed.

Great use of your dash com. I probably would have rolled out of my vehicle with a neck brace on!!
Keep us updated, Mars. Best of luck your way.

Ps...I dislike the shady dealings of some insurance companies. I think State Farm was hauled into court over your concerns...& lost!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Do what Black says, tell Progressive to pack sand

Posts: 5281 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The last time I used MY insurance in a NON-at fault accident, my rates TRIPLED.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34063 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The last time I used MY insurance in a NON-at fault accident, my rates TRIPLED.

Then you certainly need to find someone different.

I have had State Farm for 20 years 3 claims that were not my fault they handled all of them. I got my deductible back in a month each time never a lick of a rate increase.
One time the girl did not have insurance and I still got my deductible back.

On a side note why was that dark colored truck driving in the shoulder?

————————————————

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I did find another insurer. I had Allstate for 20 years when they fucked me. I am now with Alpha.

However, I shouldn't have to use my own insurance.

I have a $1000 deductible on the BMW and can't eat it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Get a quote for the repair, and another quote for a rental car for as long as the repair shop will need it.

Send the whole package to the owner of the van that hit you, with a cover letter, stating that if you are not paid promptly, you will sue and add attorney costs and court fees to the amount.

Let that party deal with Progressive and get things in motion.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did find another insurer. I had Allstate for 20 years when they fucked me. I am now with Alpha.

However, I shouldn't have to use my own insurance.

I have a $1000 deductible on the BMW and can't eat it.

How much do you save a month by having a $1000 deductible?
I carry a $100 deductible (not available anymore) $250 is the lowest anymore. But if I go to a $1,000 deductible I save $11 a month. No thanks. If it was a big enough monthly savings to squirrel away the deductible I would but it would take me nearly 7.5 years.

I shop insurance each year and have never had anyone beat State Farm and I know their service is quality. Which reminds me I am a little late on getting my yearly quotes.

I’d say that your dash cams are your best investments as many times as you have had stuff happen.

————————————————

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The owner of the dry cleaners seemed receptive to repairing my car.

I think I will call him back.

I just want to drop it off at the BMW place, them fix it and I pick it up.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Progressive has set hurdles for me to get my car repaired. They set times for me to go to their investigation office when I can't make it. However the time I CAN go, they "aren't taking claims at that time". They then inform me they no longer have field adjusters, but I can take pictures and they will send me a check for damages. However I am responsible for the rental car and they will reimburse me at a "fair rate".

Back in December I was rearended while stopped at a red light. The other driver was texting and I watched as she never slowed down. Tail gate, bumper, taillight lens and a dent in the driver side rear quarter panel was all of my damage. Her car was totaled.

She had Progressive, the only time there was a hint of an issue was when I told the agent I was choosing a shop NOT on their list of preferred shops. We had a 3-way call with the shop I chose, we agreed on a date that I will drop the truck off. The day after I dropped it off the Progressive field adjuster showed up to do an estimate. They were within $100 of what the shop owner quoted me. I needed a rental car for 9 days, Progressive reimbursed me for that too.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
The owner of the dry cleaners seemed receptive to repairing my car.

I think I will call him back.

I just want to drop it off at the BMW place, them fix it and I pick it up.

Good to hear. I also drive bmw‘s and will share what I learned after being hit a few times.

First your insurance should not raise your rates for a no fault accident on your part. That is unless they had to pay out because they couldn’t recover from the at fault party.

Second ask the service Dept at the bmw dealership where they take their personal cars. Once I used the dealerships official recommended body shop. Terrible experience. Then I used the body shop they took their personal cars to and they were incredible.

Third, ask the business owners to cover your deductible if you use your own insurance so you don’t have to deal with progressive.

Best of luck!

Posts: 3688 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They told me either I take it to their claims center at their appointment time or I have to take pictures myself with their progressive app.

They want me to go there on Tuesday at 9:00AM and I have to use MY vacation time to do it.

They claim there are no field agents available for non Progressive claims.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
They told me either I take it to their claims center at their appointment time or I have to take pictures myself with their progressive app.

They want me to go there on Tuesday at 9:00AM and I have to use MY vacation time to do it.

Hmm....it’s starting to sound like they don’t give a hoot about nonprogressive clients. I would call your agent and ask for an off record conversation. Tell them what happened and would filing with your insurance count against you. Much less hassle.

Posts: 3688 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

"No field agents for non Progressive clients?" That is pure bullshit. When Mercedes Girl ran a red light and rammed me, I told Flo that my truck was at my hangar, and she could send somebody to look at it. She did.

If you have to take time off from work to go to their office, they need to reimburse you for the lost work time / work pay. This should be stated as non-negotialble. Tell them to either call you with an approval, or to call your lawyer and explain why they will not do it. Betcha they will take care of you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, they want your premium on time, & when ya need ‘em, they dog ya around. I despise dealing with them.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's wrong with using the app? It'll get the ball rolling and once it's in the shop of your choice they'll bug the shop.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23047 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I believe you have every right to go to the dealer or body shop of your choice. I believe the same is true replacing with O.E.M parts & panels. I’ve been retired 12 years, so things my ave changed.

Not true anymore, you have to select that option with most carriers, base coverage allows the insurer to direct where the parts will come from, OEM or aftermarket.

Posts: 23193 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Not true anymore, you have to select that option with most carriers, base coverage allows the insurer to direct where the parts will come from, OEM or aftermarket.
What you said, sounds to me like an option when dealing with your own insurance carrier. This thread is discussing Marzy dealing with the insurance carrier (Progressive) of the guy who hit him in the rear.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

This is where the shop is important. I had a shop that would comply with the aftermarket stuff, try to install it, then call the adjuster and show that it didn't fit or wouldn't look OK once installed. They got OEM approval every time.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post