SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon delivery - Wow!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon delivery - Wow! Login/Join 
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted
The hot water valve was leaking on the clothes washer. Did a little bit of research and found the part number, ordered it on Amazon.

This was this past Saturday. The darn thing showed up the next day! Not complaining one bit but...wow! That is unbelievable.

The only "problem" that I can see with Amazon is that it's too darn easy.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing a few months ago. I noticed water pooling under the washer when I ran a load of clothes. I looked up an online manual, which allowed me to trace it back to a leaking water intake valve. Then I looked up a parts listing online, and bought a replacement on Amazon. It showed up within a day or so. After installation, it's been running like a champ ever since.

The interweb is a great thing.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they're opening more and more local or regional warehouses, so sometimes delivery will happen as quickly as overnight.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past I had a few same day deliveries without extra $$ ; just using prime. Hadn't seen it over the Christmas break but it was available over the weekend. But they wanted extra $.

Posts: 1753 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I needed a cooling system part for my car that completely flummoxed three parts stores. I found it in 10 minutes on RockAuto.com, but when I ran the part number by Amazon, they had it too. Being a Prime member there was no shipping on the part, but I needed it sooner than two days, so I paid a little extra for next-day.

Posts: 27940 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I ordered a desk-top book stand yesterday and it was on my porch this evening when I got home.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
With some products in some markets they even have same day. Few years ago in Los Angeles, I ordered a phone case for my mom. They had a same day delivery option and sure enough it was there by 6pm.

Anyone else remember the days when you filled out a form on paper, sent it in, paid for shipping & handling, and waited 4-6 weeks to get your stuff? LOL.

Posts: 13107 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has Amazon been taking shipping lessons from Top Gun Supply?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, they're opening more and more local or regional warehouses, so sometimes delivery will happen as quickly as overnight.

While allows states with a sales tax to collect it.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I ordered a few things from Amazon last week, guaranteed delivery by January 15.

Today is January 17, no sign of the items.

Chat session with Amazon rep, told them to keep the items and refund the purchase price.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Has Amazon been taking shipping lessons from Top Gun Supply?

TGS seems to ship it before you order it.. Eek

I love my Amazon Prime.
I've had issues with a few things over the years and Amazon (or their Prime sellers) have ALWAYS taken care of me. Big Grin

My wife hates the company as a whole.
But if she finds to buy something on Amazon, I get a text asking for my Prime log in info.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

if she finds to buy something on Amazon, I get a text asking for my Prime log in info. Roll Eyes
She can have her own credentials at no additional cost.

I have Amazon Prime. My wife uses the account as a family member. She has her own login, and has her own credit card on file. I seem to remember that you can have as many as six family members with one Prime account.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My theory is they're still in holiday rush mode, but without the volume. The last 3 things I ordered showed up in one day.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post