SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Losing ONE glove
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Losing ONE glove Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Second time in 6 months I’ve managed to lose a glove. My Mechanix gloves I use at work for when it’s time to get down to business.

Retraced my steps, tore apart my squad car, nada.

This time I’ll keep the one, so maybe I can match it when I loose the next one Mad

At least with losing a sock you can still keep it in rotation!

Oh well, thanks for Amazon Prime!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as the new gloves come, you'll find the lost one. That's always the case. Check under drivers seat.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
If you lost the left one and keep the right, it only guarantees you’ll lose the left one again. Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy with only one arm. Not his fault, he had Polio as a youth. Moving on to my habit of attending 4wd events, a while back Toyota was giving away "stuff". One of their "swag" gifts was a pair of gloves. But along about the next to last days they'd run out of pairs. They only had lefts as they somehow had folks taking too many rights.

So I asked for as many of the lefts as they'd give up. They asked why, so I explained it. Home I came with about 5 of them. Ron was happy to get them. He used them for a few years even.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
IN DEC.1973 was stationed at FT. GREELY, ALASKA/ DELTA JUNCTION, ALASKA. Part of our winter survival gear included mittens for outer wear (backside of hand was fur covered for warming the wearers face ) (wool gloves inside mittens) that had a string strap attached to both mittens and worn around the neck . as long as the cord was around your neck the mittens could not be lost.. sort of like seeing young children today in the winter time... had a young soldier go into a UNHEATED 2 hole LATRINE SHED and proceded to take care of mother nature. upon standing up one of the mittens had come untied and fell down the hole...we were lucky and found quick replacement before severe frost bite happened (temp about -45*F).. I actually saw -82*F chill factor -127*F ..COLD WEATHER TESTING---ARMY"s DEEP FREEZER TEST STATION....................drill sgt.

Posts: 2002 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
IN DEC.1973 was stationed at FT. GREELY, ALASKA/ DELTA JUNCTION, ALASKA. Part of our winter survival gear included mittens for outer wear (backside of hand was fur covered for warming the wearers face ) (wool gloves inside mittens) that had a string strap attached to both mittens and worn around the neck . as long as the cord was around your neck the mittens could not be lost.. sort of like seeing young children today in the winter time... had a young soldier go into a UNHEATED 2 hole LATRINE SHED and proceded to take care of mother nature. upon standing up one of the mittens had come untied and fell down the hole...we were lucky and found quick replacement before severe frost bite happened (temp about -45*F).. I actually saw -82*F chill factor -127*F ..COLD WEATHER TESTING---ARMY"s DEEP FREEZER TEST STATION....................drill sgt.
I believe the cord goes around your neck and down through the coats sleeves. Ive had those same cold weather mitts.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Years ago I got into a scuffle during a hockey game. When it was all over I could not find one of my gloves. I know someone from the other team took it. I even had the ref go into the other locker room to see if someone admitted to grabbing it by mistake. Nope. Hockey gloves are not cheap.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Did you lose it in someones ass?

Then it's not so bad.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I got you beat. Cause ya know, this is obviously a competition Razz

I have 2 dogs. A good dog and another dog.

Other dog chewed the index finger off THREE gloves from different pairs. Best part. All the right hand glove, so I can't even have a pair of mismatched gloves Frown

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Save the other one and you can do a Michael Jackson impression.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Whether you ever washed them or not look in the dryer. It will be with the sock.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Reminds me that a long long time ago I attended a certain military college here in S.C. and every once and a while one of the cadets would get caught with his hand in the wrong place and have to wear one white dress glove for a week.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Save the other one and you can do a Michael Jackson impression.

There it is, I knew you guys would not let me down!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think our husky is reading this thread. He snagged one of my gloves off of my desk the other day and obliterated it. It's not like he needed any ideas!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Speaking of dogs and gloves... number of years ago our Basselope ate one of the cheap Chinese gloves I bought in a twelve pair pack from Northern Tools and I was upset.... So, next time at the grocery store I spent $4 on a dog chew.. Took the dog 20 minutes to make that dog chew disappear... then I realized she had spent two days working on that 99 cent Chinese glove..... duh.... new use for those.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post