SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS is playing musical post offices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS is playing musical post offices Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
On 7/30, I ordered something on-line from a vendor in the Carolinas with a stated policy of shipping in 3 days. Vendor never said it was being shipped from China. The Chinese piss around 10 days before shipping it, hangs out in customs a few days, gets shipped, and hangs out in US customs a few days. However, once it clears US customs it moves in 2 calendar days from San Francisco to the North Houston distribution center (arrives here on Sunday night). I'm thinking I'll get it Monday since it's only 20 miles away, but now things get strange:
  • Monday - ships to post offices in two suburbs surrounding College Station (about 90 miles from North Houston distribution center). Somebody had a case of dyslexia and the 2nd post office was my zip code rearranged.
  • Tuesday AM - arrives back in North Houston distribution center
  • Tuesday PM - arrives at post office in my suburb of Houston
  • Wednesday - shipped back to North Houston distribution center
  • Thursday - stays at North Houston distribution center
  • Today - once again arrives at post office in my suburb of Houston

What in the Sam Hell is Houston USPS doing with my package?

What is the over/under of me receiving the package tomorrow?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

They have been pencil whipping my deliveries lately. Marking the tracking with NO access to delivery location. It is medically necessary stuff which really pisses me off. I even stood in line at the Post Office to complain. The supervisor wrote little notes in his pad. He got an earful though so I feel slightly better.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Only the strong survive
    Picture of 41
    posted Hide Post
    Looks like the help at USPS is out to lunch.

Yesterday, I received my renewal tags for my truck two months late. I had to email the DMV two months ago to get replacements. It is possible the first set went into a neighbors box.

Two other on-line orders went from FL to LA and then to VA which took over a week. The other one is still out there some where. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I should have taken the over...

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    non ducor, duco
    Picture of Nickelsig229
    posted Hide Post
    This happened to me when I sold some mags to someone on this forum in Colorado.

The package made it to his post office, then back to the local sorting, then out of state, then back to his then back out of state.

I called usps and they said they could not help me. Finally I filed a theft report. I explained that someone obviously stole the contents and now they are just passing an empty envelope around.

They took it serious at that point and tracked it down, which they said they could not do previously because I didn't pay for tracking.

The person who purchased them had asked for a refund, and was kind and patient enough to give me a few more days as I explained to him the entire time what was happening.

Luckily he got them and they were in proper condition.

I was freaking out. You could boil an egg on my head through that entire ordeal.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Now, they're just taunting me. A USPS van pulled up in front of my house this afternoon, and the female driver got out and retrieved a box from the side door. Next, she delivers the box to my neighbors and drives off Mad

Picture of rexles
    posted Hide Post
    I have to sing praises for the USPS ( just this once)
    I bought some HK mags and through text we set up the deal.
    I gave the seller the wrong zip and at the end of the week I still didn't have my package.
    At the sellers recommendation I did a trace of the package using the tracking code he had sent me.
    I realized I had given him the wrong zip. The next day I got my package and some genius USPS worker had scratched out the wrong zip code and wrote the right one on the package.
    I just don't know what this world is coming to??

NRA Life member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    "Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    The next day I got my package and some genius USPS worker had scratched out the wrong zip code and wrote the right one on the package.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Employee of the month! Probably will get written up for writing on the package. USPS could have gotten additional revenue if package was returned. Lost opportunity for revenue generation!

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    WTF?

For the 2nd time it's left the post office in my section of Houston, and this time it's now at CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER.

Get my pies
    outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
    posted Hide Post
    I recently had a package go to within a few miles of my house, then all of a sudden it's in North Jersey up by NYC like 100 miles away, then back to delivered to my door. I don't get it at all.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    USPS in Tucson several years ago closed the local mail distribution center, so letters mailed in Tucson to someone in Tucson go to the USPS distribution center in Phoenix then back to Tucson...a 200 mile round trip.

USPS tells me by doing this they are saving money.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I can't tell if I'm
    tired, or just lazy
    Picture of ggile
    posted Hide Post
    Anybody ever have packages routed through the Twin Cities? There's a nightmare for you.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
    Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I placed a simple order with Midway. The item has been bouncing between post offices for days; they shipped UPS, but it transferred to the post office, and has sat in each location for two days. It sat in the local post office for two days and last night shows shipped back to the main city nearby...presumably to eventually come back to the local post office again. Overcharged on shipping and it's taken much longer than other orders shipped from the same area by other means.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    It arrived in Houston 2 Sundays ago and still has not been delivered. Since Houston shipped it off to Shitcago, it's been crickets and continually stating "In Transit to Next Facility"

I sent a nice e-mail to the vendor and the assholes sent me back some prewritten response. In other words, they're no help.

I ordered this on July 30th. At this point, I hope USPS sends this back to China and I get a refund.

posted Hide Post
    ^^^
    I hear it is being delayed by Hurricane Dorian.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Well, the "In Transit to Next Facility" changed to "福州市, 到达福州东站处理中心"(arriving at Fuzhou East Station Processing Center). In other words, the package arrived back in China.

Trying to get the on-line store to refund me.

posted Hide Post
    Sometimes I get good service, sometime I don't. It likes to jump between post offices. Last one (fedex smartpost) hit the post office in Michigan, then went to Cleveland, then went to Pennsylvania, then back to Cleveland, then to my post office and then awaiting delivery scan. It was in the truck. Never got delivered on Saturday. On Tuesday morning it showed DELIVERED on Saturday. Tuesday afternoon it finally showed up in my mailbox.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of SR
    posted Hide Post
    I stopped buying from Brownell's. I paid their upfront charge for free shipping for a year. Every order was bounced all over the USPS system. When my 1 year ended, I took my business elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I know it's frustrating to order something and it never arrive. You might want to contact your credit card company and have the charge reversed. I think there is some time frame for filing such claims.... not sure.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SR:
    You might want to contact your credit card company and have the charge reversed. I think there is some time frame for filing such claims.... not sure.
    I'm 2 days from doing this. The package still shows in-transit in China and the on-line store won't refund until it arrives at their "warehouse."

Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    On 7/30, I ordered something on-line from a vendor in the Carolinas with a stated policy of shipping in 3 days. Vendor never said it was being shipped from China. The Chinese piss around 10 days before shipping it, hangs out in customs a few days, gets shipped, and hangs out in US customs a few days. However, once it clears US customs it moves in 2 calendar days from San Francisco to the North Houston distribution center (arrives here on Sunday night). I'm thinking I'll get it Monday since it's only 20 miles away, but now things get strange:
  • Monday - ships to post offices in two suburbs surrounding College Station (about 90 miles from North Houston distribution center). Somebody had a case of dyslexia and the 2nd post office was my zip code rearranged.
  • Tuesday AM - arrives back in North Houston distribution center
  • Tuesday PM - arrives at post office in my suburb of Houston
  • Wednesday - shipped back to North Houston distribution center
  • Thursday - stays at North Houston distribution center
  • Today - once again arrives at post office in my suburb of Houston

• Hell, that was quick compared to an express package I ordered some years ago. It got to be a huge "joke" here on the forum. Back and forth between the same 2 postal facilities for TWO WEEKS. I was beyond pissed, then it got funny to all of us.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post