SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Arizona jeans are trash now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona jeans are trash now Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
They weren’t always top notch but for the price they were fine. Now I can’t find loose fit (needed for my legs) and the ones that still sorta fit are falling apart in 6 months. Time to hit the Duluth Trading store in Manassas to see what those firehouse jeans are all about.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I laughed at your SXM experience, let me give you this tip:
I recently bought a denim jacket from an outfit that supplies loggers. They have USA made jeans for around 30 bucks. My jacket is great!
Baileys of Oregon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've had the same experience with Sketchers shoes.

They used to be decent, but the pair of oxfords I bought from them are trash and totally falling apart on me within a year.

These companies are all cheapening out and putting out total junk now.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Maybe not the companies. They do share blame (bad QC, etc.) But a way for the chinese to get even.
o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I've had the same experience with Sketchers shoes.

They used to be decent, but the pair of oxfords I bought from them are trash and totally falling apart on me within a year.

These companies are all cheapening out and putting out total junk now.

Right there with you on the Sketchers. First pair was done in about 18 months, last pair maybe 12.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to my expanding waistline and the poor quality of men's jeans in the last couple of years, I have fallen into wearing 5.11 tactical pants daily. The ripstop versions seem to be the only pants with any durability.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Due to my expanding waistline and the poor quality of men's jeans in the last couple of years, I have fallen into wearing 5.11 tactical pants daily. The ripstop versions seem to be the only pants with any durability.

I wear those ripstop pants daily, have some from 5 years ago still in good condition.

I own one pair of jeans I never wear.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was gifted a pair of Buckle jeans six years ago, still wearing them. Last pair of jeans I bought I bought from a Harley Davidson store for $23. It's pretty decent.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
They weren’t always top notch but for the price they were fine. Now I can’t find loose fit (needed for my legs) and the ones that still sorta fit are falling apart in 6 months. Time to hit the Duluth Trading store in Manassas to see what those firehouse jeans are all about.
The Ballroom jeans at Duluth are excellent. Probably the only jeans I will buy from here on out.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

I wear those ripstop pants daily, have some from 5 years ago still in good condition.

I own one pair of jeans I never wear.

I too have switched exclusively to 5.11. They are not as durable as the Duluth firehose pants, but for me they are quite a bit more comfortable. I can typically get a year of heavy wear out of 5.11s while they still look decent, then another year or so while they are still serviceable, but not necesarrily nice.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've found that jeans are kind of like brake rotors these days: they're made to last a short time and you throw them away.

And we all know you guys wear the 5.11 pants to look tactical. Do you have the matching vest, too? Big Grin

Posts: 13094 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hammer loop cargo pants, whatever version is on sale. I've had 3 pair for about 5 years now, with another 3 only 2 years old.

It's about time to replace some of the 5-year ones for daily activities, but they are still good for working on the car / house / gun range stuff.

I've come to hate jeans due to their poor quality - they and other pants would easily rip when getting in / out of our work aircraft. But I do have 2 pairs for social events, because sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Carhartt. I have no idea whether they are any better or worse than any other brand, but they do have one outstanding attribute: it's easy to find them with 36" inseam. Not easy with most other brands.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30646 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Firehose jeans from Duluth are certainly rugged and reliable.
I just don't like that the fly on them is so short, you have to go up and over instead of straight when you're at the urinal.

I've only bought jeans from LLBean for years now, never any issues.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I haven't worn jeans in years. I'm almost exclusively firehose pants from Duluth now. They do make jeans, also.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post