SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Magpul iPhone Cases, Or Lack Of
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul iPhone Cases, Or Lack Of Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
C'mom, Magpul, really? You have one of the most popular, sought-after iPhone cases on the planet yet you can't seem to be bothered to make one for the iPhone XR and 11 series?

I'm getting an XR from work to replace an SE and an 11 to replace my 6 and NEITHER model has a case made for it by Magpul. They stop at the iPhone X and that's it.

Back to Speck I go, oh well. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not sure why. Patent reasons possibly maybe? Seems weird.

Just got me another magpul bump case though. Such a great product.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajensen
posted Hide Post
Just dropped a note to Magpul asking them if they will be coming out with a case for the XR. I will let you know what they say.

Posts: 26 | Location: Retired in SC | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajensen
posted Hide Post
Magpul provided the following reply:
Thank you for contacting us. Currently, there are not any plans to make a iPhone XR phone case, but as always, we are constantly looking in to and coming up with new products. If you haven’t already done so, please sign up on our website for our newsletter. It is the best way to get information on new products and release dates.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Posts: 26 | Location: Retired in SC | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
WTF MAGPUL!

That’s seriously disappointing. Hell, I’m surprised these aren’t sold in stores.

I think the bump case is a bit superior to the field case, it just feels more substantial for some reason, while keeping the same slimness as the field case. It’s better than the shit they sell in stores.

As a reminder of how awesome they are, I’ll post my quote from a thread a few months back:

“I’ve spoken about how much I love the Magpul Bump in previous threads, but today it proved how awesome it is.

I left my iPhone on my roof today as I was leaving a hospital. I realized about 20 minutes later what I did. I drove back to where I was frantically looking around everywhere. I finally found it on the road where I made a sharp turn, around 25mph. As I pulled over to get out, 3 cars ran over it with both tires.

Who knows how many cars ran over it over the 45 minutes it was laying in the street. I walked over expecting a shattered phone, but to my surprise, the phone was just fine. Only the screen protector was jacked up. The Magpul bump case is a glorious thing.”

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajensen:
Magpul provided the following reply:
Thank you for contacting us. Currently, there are not any plans to make a iPhone XR phone case, but as always, we are constantly looking in to and coming up with new products. If you haven’t already done so, please sign up on our website for our newsletter. It is the best way to get information on new products and release dates.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

That’s total crap. Do they not realize the following these cases have?
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Btw, thanks ajensen for doing the work and getting that answer.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm still waiting for them to come out with Samsung Galaxy 10 cases.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They likely get undercut by the overseas phone case manufacturers (price wise) and can make a lot more $$$ making gun stuff, which sells in greater volume.

It's business, not personal. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Can't wait on them. I went with an Otterbox Defender. If you buy a phone case sold with "damaged" (but no damage to case) packaging you can save quite a bit.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Urban Armour Gear - UAG. Essentially, the same type of drop proof case. I've had one for about 5 years and no issues or damage to the phone. And I've dropped mine a lot.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took them forever to release case for the iPhone X.... I had to switch to a different type of case when I bought my X because I couldn’t get a magpul case for it.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were so late to the market for the newer Galaxy ones (S7 and S9+) that I went to an Urban Armor case both times. Similar styling and provides similar protection. I've not had an issue with phone damage in these cases at all.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'm aware of the bajillion other options (some maybe even better), but the point is, I'd rather support MAGPUL by buying a case from them, rather than from some random Chinese company.

posted Hide Post
I went with a Platinum case for my XR. So far, so good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My go-to AFTER Magpul is the Presidio Grip case from Speck.

Since Magpul can't/won't get their act together and Speck will, It looks like my next 2 cases are going to be Speck. Roll Eyes

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Honestly, after trying some others, I’m am no longer as impressed with magpul cases.

Try a brand off Amazon called Spigen.

I’m using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-...prefix=spigen&sr=8-4

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I found the cases from Rugged Shield virtually identical to the Magpul cases except for the logo.

https://smile.amazon.com/eBuyL...97&s=wireless&sr=1-4

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Honestly, after trying some others, I’m am no longer as impressed with magpul cases.

Try a brand off Amazon called Spigen.

I’m using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-...prefix=spigen&sr=8-4

That’s what I use. Excellent case

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The larger case manufacturers get a sample phone from companies like Apple, long before the actual product launches. They can then make cases that fit the new phone and have production ramped up so that their cases are ready when the product launches to the retail public. Some of the smaller case manufacturers simply don't have this luxury.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post