SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pet owners go to same shelter to adopt after dropping off a dog
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pet owners go to same shelter to adopt after dropping off a dog Login/Join 
Picture of alinc100
posted
OK ,I'd like to reserve a special place in Hell for the people who did this.Kudos to those who rescued the dog.

Posts: 449 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Some humans just plain suck.

Posts: 1662 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Some people belong in ovens.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 3982 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
This is one of the worst things I've heard in a long time.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 536 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Assholes. Plain and simple.

Douglas MacArthur: “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”

Posts: 5768 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Assholes. Plain and simple.

This.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 3634 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think many people regard pets as little more than stuffed animals that can move on their own.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe

The "mainstream media" is no more mainstream than leftists are liberals.

Posts: 15523 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OMCHamlin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I think many people regard pets as little more than stuffed animals that can move on their own.

I think you are right, but not THIS guy! Today, Mrs. OMC and I are going to go get our new rescue Collie boy "Brody", from Collie Rescue of Virginia/Maryland. To my way of thinking, when you take a dog into your life, you had best commit to trying your damn hardest to make it work, and so we shall. Brody is a two year old fella, and I am told he is the "sweetest" boy, handsome and bouncy. Two years old is still a teenager, you know...

It is right for the Hamlins to always have a dog or two around, and though Brody will never replace Milo or Layla, he will be our dog.
Wish us luck!

Posts: 950 | Location: Eastern Shore of VA | Registered: September 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those fucking people. Pull that in my kingdom and you would be banned from ever having pets again.

And why was that shelter even allowing them to look for a new pet? They were obviously unfit.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 431 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Some people have no empathy. But I think the blame lies with the shelter. The world is full of scumbags, people who wouldn't exist if the rules of modern society didn't protect them.

Any organization offering up children, pets or anything else requiring responsible supervision, has a moral obligation to do some level of screening.

The shelter should have refused to allow them to adopt.

Machine Shop
07/02

Posts: 1345 | Location: Top Left Corner | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, shelter should have told them to hit the bricks.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17586 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
My dog is my best friend.

Posts: 7051 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
My dog is my best friend.

Same here.

I got mandated to work out of town, and 4pm every day, when i usually get home, my partner stands at the window for an hour wondering WTF.
[url=https://gasstation-nearme.com/open-24-hours][/url]

Machine Shop
07/02

Posts: 1345 | Location: Top Left Corner | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

People ate idiots....when I rescued my dog and was waiting for her to be sprung some moron lady came in to surrender her older dog and she brought in the dogs bed and toys like it was going on vacation. When the shelter and someone else waiting explained to her what was going to happen and that she couldn't leave the toys and bed she turned and left leaving it all behind and showing zero emotion...I wanted to punch her

Posts: 3750 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OMCHamlin
posted Hide Post
The more I see of people and the more I know of their ways, the more I love my dogs, it's really that simple. In general, people are just no damn good...

Posts: 950 | Location: Eastern Shore of VA | Registered: September 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently got divorced - the ex got the dog. My goal is to get some land, put a modular home on it and get rescued by a shelter dog.

I also intend to train with him/her, to be a good citizen. My best option for land is in the sticks, so the more socialization, the better.

Those knuckleheads shouldn't be allowed to own a goldfish, much less a canine!!!

Posts: 95 | Location: Logan, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I can't even watch the story. I can't imagine giving up a dog.

Posts: 6838 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
There are some sick son a bitches in this world,my feeling right now is to smash these people in the face with a 2x4.
I just lost my buddy after 12 years this morning.

Posts: 21819 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't the shelter be held accountable for letting something like this happen? Adopting a pet isn't like shopping at Costco or Amazon where you can try and return....

Posts: 10612 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alinc100
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
There are some sick son a bitches in this world,my feeling right now is to smash these people in the face with a 2x4.
I just lost my buddy after 12 years this morning.

Sorry for your loss. Losing a buddy is really hard. I posted this because I couldn't imagine giving up a dog only to shop for another.

Posts: 449 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post