SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not being able to drink hot coffee for a few days
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not being able to drink hot coffee for a few days Login/Join 
posted
I just had some tooth/teeth implants done recently and I was told not to drink hot coffee for a few days while my mouth is healing. I had to have more dental work than I/dentist thought after my second x-ray. Anyway,I enjoy my morning hot coffee when I can and went to Starbucks this a.m. to get a girly frapucino/coffee like shake as I was craving coffee. I can't stand cold coffee drinks unless it is frozen and no one else around my area has anything decent. I used to go to Dunkin Donuts but they changed their frozen coffee ingredients/recipe and now I can't stand them.

I hadn't been to Starbucks in years and thought I would try one. I couldn't believe how much they went up in price, $5.50 for a medium. Oh well, I will have to tough it out for a couple more days.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd be having withdrawal symptoms if I couldn't have my coffee. Big Grin But sometimes you have to put up with a little pain temporarily for a big gain later.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seventy eight years old next month, never had a cup of coffee in my life. Have never tasted it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Can you drink it lukewarm?

Just get what you normally get and let it cool down a while.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about cold drinks? Can you tolerate them? Any cold drink, not coffee.

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Treasure Coast,Fl.

Look for a WaWa store, better frozen drinks, cheaper and the apple fritters are awesome, they are now all over FL, not sure where you are on the TC but Vero has three, I'm sure there's more.

https://www.wawa.com/about/locations/store-locator

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care for the cold or iced coffees, but I will drink the coffee "shake" type, go figure. I think with the "shake" type, it's the texture I guess. It's funny I never really liked hot coffee until a couple years ago when I tried it with those flavored/girly creamers. I don't feel addicted to it, I just like the taste and it's relaxing while perusing the forum, as well as keeping me regular. Wink

WaWa makes a pretty good shake. Every so often my son and I go and get one. They are popping up in quite a few places by me.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Seventy eight years old next month, never had a cup of coffee in my life. Have never tasted it.

I wish that I could say that. I rarely drink a cup at breakfast now. No longer even like the taste of it any more. Yuk!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Coffee has kept me alive, mean and healthy for 74 yrs.
Of course you have a few years on me, so there's that. Smile

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
When I had two wisdom teeth drawn the fussy dentist said no alcohol for a few days. I went nearly cross-eyed.

So when the same issue came up, extraction, I changed dentists.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
You have a decent blender? There HAS to be a homemade coffee smoothie recipe online SOMEWHERE. If anything, put strong, brewed coffee in a blender with a little sugar and half & half to taste, add ice, puree the crap out of it.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a little gas station/store near me where they sell different shakes called F'Real, I think it is called. They actually have coffee shake with real coffee in it, so I figured why not. Turns out, it's not half bad. It will have to do for a few more days.

I tried the homemade iced coffee/shake thing, but I seem to get the mixture wrong and it tastes bad. I usually only buy 8 O'Clock coffee, as it is pretty good to me but the homemade smoothie coffee has eluded me.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Can you have Haagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream?

It’s excellent!

Best wishes to you.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

I used to go to Dunkin Donuts but they changed their frozen coffee ingredients/recipe and now I can't stand them.
Dunkin' Donuts is notorious for that. I think that they have some really sophisticated AI software that figures out which products customers really like, and then discontinues those products.

My favorite flavor bagels -- discontinued. Same with cream cheese spreads. Same with their good iced coffee K-cups.

A guy who I gave flight training to (I trained him for the instrument rating) owns a bunch of Dunkin' Donuts franchises. He gave me a gift card for DD. I haven't used it, I'm pretty sure that as soon as I find something I like, it will be discontinued promptly.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'd say this belongs in the rant column.

I went from hating coffee to 32-40 cups a day.

Seriously.

Today I'm at about 2-3 cups, but some days I just forget.

I went from fiend to it's nice to have.

Hang in there, cowboy. It's coming back.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care for the cold or iced coffees, but I will drink the coffee "shake" type, go figure. I think with the "shake" type, it's the texture I guess. It's funny I never really liked hot coffee until a couple years ago when I tried it with those flavored/girly creamers. I don't feel addicted to it, I just like the taste and it's relaxing while perusing the forum, as well as keeping me regular. Wink

WaWa makes a pretty good shake. Every so often my son and I go and get one. They are popping up in quite a few places by me.
Have you tried "cold brewed?" It's different than iced coffee or chilling traditionally brewed hot coffee. Think of it as making iced tea in the fridge, and as a bonus it's doesn't have the bitterness of icing coffee or chilling traditionally brewed hot coffee.

The only downsides are:
  • that it uses 15% to 20% more grounds to make your own versus traditionally brewed hot coffee.
  • I have to keep a 2nd type of bean on hand as it takes a bolder roast to get the same flavor. I normally drink medium roast in traditionally brewed hot coffee, but I've had to step up to dark/french/expresso roast for cold brewed.

The 1.5L set-up is the cold brew system that I use.

As far as purchase from the store cold brew, the best that I have tried is Stok. HEB in Texas carries it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    7.62mm Crusader
    posted Hide Post
    I would let it cool down as you can still enjoy the flavor. I drink through what is actually the little stir stick. Its a mini straw. Cut my bottom lip open a few years back and have been useing these mini straws sinse.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I tried to do the cold coffee but just can't stand it being cool/cold. For me, it's funny, I have to do the extremes- hot or frozen. When my hot coffee gets cool, I usually either dump it or if teh pot is still hot, I will add to it.

I was finally able to have a cup the others day. It kind of messes with my morning routine when I don't have it. Thanks for the options and replies.

Nosce te ipsum
    Picture of Woodman
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    It kind of messes with my morning routine when I don't have it.
    Is it all hot beverages or just coffee? I've enjoyed steaming hot water in my favorite mug on occasion in order to maintain normal morning "routine". Usually only when having a blood test or on the rare occasion I am out of coffee ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Unfortunately, it is all hot beverages. I am able to have some now but have to watch how I drink it. What's worse is that cold drinks increase the pain. So for now it is luke warm beverages.