SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mosquitos in late October
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mosquitos in late October Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
Sitting in my old GMC Jimmy overlooking a waterhole watching for feral hogs that have been busy nightly, digging up the yard around the cabin. Enveloped in a cloud of little bitty mosquitos. The bastards. It takes more self-control than I can muster up to not react when one gets in my ear.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Don't know which is worse. Your skeeters or our wasps and honey bees. We had snow the first week of October but that was followed by unseasonably warm weather (high 60s - low 70s) which brought the damned bees back out. I'm allergic! Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're headed for a high of 85 today . When the sun goes down the mosquitos start getting pretty active .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
skeeters are the debil.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Sitting in my old GMC Jimmy overlooking a waterhole watching for feral hogs that have been busy nightly, digging up the yard around the cabin. Enveloped in a cloud of little bitty mosquitos...

Hate mosquitos! You don't have your location shown other than "Young American Teen Club" so not sure where you are? But I take it somewhere south of northern WV because it's been too cold for bugs here.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, our skeeters are gone by the end of June...too dry.

Before that though? This year I had to put on my bee suit just to mow the lawn. They were that bad. There were clouds of them. You couldn't walk outside without a blood bath.

I hate them little bastards.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post