SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Performance Review Time In Corporate America, UGH
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Performance Review Time In Corporate America, UGH Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Well, I have to confess. I sort of cheated a little.

I had received recruiting phone calls from a competitor, a month or so before the review. Just out of curiosity, I did interview with the competitor, and I had an offer letter in my pocket. ...

I don't think that's cheating; in fact, I think it makes your story even better.

In your case you literally had the opportunity in your pocket, and your employer made your decision easy. Good for you.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve received 4-5 out of 5 on every review. Know how much more I make than the slackers? No extra, they make the same I do. I do my job well because that’s who I am and how I was raised. It’s irritating as hell but I’m not going to slack off and be like the others.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I was the best employee at the time, at the job I had. I could easily do twice as much work as the next slug. No exaggeration, I could accomplish twice the work, in less time, and I had a cheerful happy and helpful attitude the whole time.

I got a dime raise. A dime.

I asked the boss, "What gives? Slug A got $1 and slug B got 50 cents, I get a dime? WTF over?"

She said, " I did their reviews first, they got the money. When I got to your review, I ran out of money. All I could afford to give you was a dime. The economy is not doing so good."

I left.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hated the semiannual performance reviews at my last job. In fact, I announced my retirement a couple of weeks earlier than my original plan in order to avoid the last scheduled review.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post