SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    just include the cable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

just include the cable Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
I buy a new 4k uhd Samsung tv and no freakin hdmi cable, I had no idea I even needed one. you know customers who buy these tv are going need it so just include it, what's it really going to cost a huge corporation 5 bucks maybe? fine add it to the cost, just include everything I need to hook it up.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
Same thing with printers not including those special USB cables!

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
We bought one for work being used as a monitor (55"?). It came with an HDMI.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
First time ever having a HDTV?

I thought most people just have them laying around. I probably have three or four laying around. I keep a box with USBs, chargers, RCA cables, TV cables, power adapters, etc in my closet. Sometimes it pays not to throw those things away.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
If they did include the cable, it would be too short and of such pitiful quality that you would have to replace it anyway.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They do that because it provides retailers the opportunity to sucker folks into buying ridiculously overpriced cables.

"Oh, this model doesn't come with an HDMI cable. Luckily, we have our Monster cables on sale right now for the low, low price of only $149.99..."

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I keep a box

Just one box? Smile I have three, and they're all overflowing.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Buy a bunch Big Grin...it is annoying that don't include at least one cable.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonB...ics+hdmi+cable&psc=1

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Monoprice

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At work we throw pallets of those cable away. Everything comes with cables when we already have them.

The other side is- When I was laid off I needed an IEC power cord and didn't have one. After throwing thousands of them away I wasn't going to buy 1.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
And make the damn cable a reasonable length. Charge me the extra $3 for the copper, but just make it so I can reach a damn outlet please

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
One problem is for the company to know how long of a cable to include. My components are in another room.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
One problem is for the company to know how long of a cable to include. My components are in another room.

As are mine, I don't think they'd ever include a 30' cable for me to use. Nor would I use the included "free" cable if it would reach unless it was a bedroom or office TV that I only had a 720p little TV in.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Just buy the cable that you need. Economically, it just makes more sense both for you and the manufacturer. I'd rather pay for the exact number of cables I need, of the proper length and quality that I need, than to have to pay as an included cost, however small, for the hundreds or thousands of devices I will buy over my lifetime.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
They do that because it provides retailers the opportunity to sucker folks into buying ridiculously overpriced cables.

"Oh, this model doesn't come with an HDMI cable. Luckily, we have our Monster cables on sale right now for the low, low price of only $149.99..."
I think you nailed it. I get my cables off of amazon can't believe how much cheaper they are than something like best buy that does the same thing.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Selling accessories is half the fun of retail sales.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:

And selling extended warranties the other half.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
And just so you are aware, the cheapest HDMI cable is just as good as the most expensive one. They either work or they don’t.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

And selling extended warranties the other half.

Funny you should mention that. I just got a new printer today at Office Depot. After I refused the extended warranty, the sales guy laughed and said they had an earlier sale on thumb drives for $5.00, and the extended warranty was priced at $6.99.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post