SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Put. Down. The. PHONE!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Put. Down. The. PHONE! Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
On the way home at 4 out of 4 stoplights I got behind someone that couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the pretty green light because they're looking at their phone. Your Facebook page doesn't need to be updated at every intersection! I'll wear out my horn in a few more weeks at this rate. Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Know what you mean. My horn is getting weaker by the day

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
There's an App for that...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the tactic of going AROUND them (if I can) and let them stay on their phones. Their look as you go past them is priceless.....

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna need a louder horn.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Had a young female doing that through three or four lights. Took a honk of my horn to get her to move whenever the lights turned green.

She must have enjoyed because as I passed her and she was turning left, she gave me he "#1" signal with her right hand.

I was not offended and could only laugh.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I'm gonna need a louder horn.

Link

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had plenty of these people in front, or to the side of me. Very frustrating. There was one kid who drove down my street repeatedly with his phone held above the steering wheel with one hand while driving with the other. He and his friends were just booted out of the house, so I hope to not have to worry about him again in our neighborhood.

I like the loud horn, but I'd advise against it for this situation. If the person were shocked enough to suddenly go into some traffic and get injured, you could be considered to be the cause of the accident.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
HRK --

Nice horns, but unfortunately I don't have room for an onboard air system.

What's the loudest that I can get with a simple installation?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
They're illegal but one can always dream -

https://www.thesignaljammer.com/

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
HRK --

I just bought these a few days ago.

Hella Sharp Tone Horns on Amazon

They arrived today. I'll let you know how they sound ~OR~ sneak up behind you at the airport, idling, and let you hear them in person. Big Grin

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngWrNOC5qhM

Here you go! Big Grin

I still think a truck horn would be better or maybe even a train horn. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, happens everytime I drive now.
I honk faster each time it happens. It gets really old fast. Sit out an entire red light and when it turns green, they still set there.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I heard one comedian give a memorable quip - "I haven't seen a light turn green since I got an iPhone"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
quote:
HRK --

I just bought these a few days ago.

Hella Sharp Tone Horns on Amazon

They arrived today. I'll let you know how they sound ~OR~ sneak up behind you at the airport, idling, and let you hear them in person. Big Grin
Yowza. Keep me informed. If they are LOUD, I'd like to hear them, will order a set for myself if they're good.

If you want to demo them for me, I think the next Open House at the airport is July 8. Hasn't been announced yet, I'll let you know as soon as I get their email, but it's usually the second Saturday of the first month in each calendar quarter. Most are lunch things, but the July one is usually a pancake breakfast (yes, with bacon) because it gets too hot in July for a lunch thing. The breakfast usually starts at 8:00 am.

That was for rotndad and TSM, but note that it says "Open House," so any other members within striking distance of the Orlando-Apopka airport are welcome. My e-mail address is in my profile if you want details. It might be a Good Idea for us to do a trip to the gun club for some shooting after the pancake breakfast.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Just had the problem today. Pulled up behind this SUV.... light turns green, sit there, sit there some more, honk the horn, sit there a little more, finally starts rolling... irritating

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even more irritating when the assholes start moving just as the light goes yellow and you get another red light.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:

Hey Rotn
What is your opinion?

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I always wanted a vehicle big enough to mount locomotive horns in.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post