SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Department of Motor Vehicles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Department of Motor Vehicles Login/Join 
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Two appointments to get you in the building to register two things?

That's the most effed up rule I've come across and there have been pretty dumb ones.
I bet they won't let you make two appointments on the same day, either. Totally effed.

I haven't tried that one yet. Maybe I should book every available appointment I can find, then show up just to say hello and leave.

you need to book multiples in order to regain balance in the universe

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Utah is the antithesis of VA. I made an appointment online for later in the week when I was free. The drive was longer than the entire registration process. I walk in, confirm I have an appointment to the guard and on my phone. I then walk in to the station reserved for me. Hand over the proper documents, pay the bill and walk out. The entire process to well under 5 minutes. I was registering a classic vehicle so I thought that might take more time but it didn't.

Gov. Blackface has done nothing but fuck this state up more and more every chance he gets. This is another prime example of his Bullshit.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DMV in VA has been screwed up for many years. I went in once and no other customer was in there so I walked up to the counter. A voice said "Sir I am sorry you have to take a number and have a seat" I said no one else is here. You have to take a number and have a seat. So I took a number and as soon as my ass hit the chair they called me to the counter.

They must like control and they get their jollies on pissing people off.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
So I took a number and as soon as my ass hit the chair they called me to the counter.

I've played that game at a Virginia DMV, too. Craziness.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
A voice said "Sir I am sorry you have to take a number and have a seat" … They must like control and they get their jollies on pissing people off.

A case of not being able to think "outside the box" for sure.

I don't have serious problems with our DMVs. I recently went in to upgrade my driver's license to a "Real ID" (really the same license, but now with a gold star). Like the Esurance commercials, surprisingly painless. One absurd requirement is having to show a birth certificate for any change on your license … the same license you already showed the BC to get. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I had to take my truck to inspection last week. I was the only person in line, the guys were sitting around waiting for customers. I was asked if I wanted a coffee, those guys had nothing to do. My best trip to Motor Vehicles ever. Most of out indoor agencies are closed for Covid but so far all my renewals can be done online. In my part of the state (south), Motor Vehicles usually are not bad at all. Go to one up north Jersey and they are a zoo. I still haven't been able to get a license with the Real ID and it doesn't look like I will be able to get one anytime soon. Passport will have to do for now.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post