SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    NOMOROBO has been very busy the last two days!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOMOROBO has been very busy the last two days! Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
I don't know what the deal is, I have had about 30 or so calls the last couple of days, they only ring once, barely having time to show up on caller id on the tv screen, nearly all of them showing up as 'UNASSIGNED' or 'UNAVAILABLE'. They seem to stop about 8:00 pm. Anyone else been getting these? I have to say signing up with NOMOROBO has been a Godsend.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's definitely picked up significantly in the last few days. Red Face

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week my blocked call log showed calls from the same number began at 9 AM and went on all day long at 90 minute intervals until 6 PM. This went on for 4 days straight from the same number! Mad
The telephone has gone from being a convenience to an instrument of torment.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve had about 100 or more over the last week.

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I went from the minimum to probably getting at least 10 spoofed calls a day. The first day they all managed to leave voicemails, from "Apple Support Services." It's really irritating to say the least.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Some days I get up to half a dozen calls like that other days only 1 or 2 and occasionally none.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I've been worried sick since Microsoft called and told me that my IP address has been compromised. I'd better get a new one.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I had Nomorobo “helping” me with spam callers for about a year. I didn’t think they did much good as far as reducing the number of unwanted calls. I spent a lot of time having to check the numbers of callers that got though, then reporting them to Nomorobo. I quit them at the first of the year and haven’t noticed any increase in spam calls at all, since then.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I went from the minimum to probably getting at least 10 spoofed calls a day. The first day they all managed to leave voicemails, from "Apple Support Services." It's really irritating to say the least.

Mine are from investors "buying property in your area."

Oh, and let's not forget about the texts for Dorothy trying to get her to sell her house on Toby lane. I've been getting these since at least 2018, but in recent months they've really ramped up the frequency.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Mine are from insurance companies wanting to sell me extended warranties on vehicles I don’t own.

Just yesterday I got a call from a ‘Honda Rep’ for a car I sold in 2010.

Honda is the worst. Audi called me a bunch of times until I told the lady that I’d be happy to give her number to the guy that bought my car in 2016.

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are these the same guys that are (thankfully!) calling me each week to tell me my 2009 Crown Victoria's extended warranty is about to expire? Because that extended warranty is news to me...

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post