SIGforum
My son just got white out on his brand new shorts...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5080048644

September 13, 2018, 10:00 AM
jhe888
My son just got white out on his brand new shorts...
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Acetone is bad shit. It surprises me that wimmenfolk use it on their fingernails. If I used something that smelled like that to clean my guns, the complaints about “fumes” would be epic.

I've noticed that. My wife will complain about something like Hoppes, but thinks nothing of putting on nail polish while in the car.

When I point out that it isn't the noxiousness of the fumes that matters, but the person responsible, she gets a little icy.

And yeah, acetone will dissolve a lot of plastics, finishes, etc. Be careful.

Your re-finishing project will be a pain. Stripping, sanding, refinishing, etc. Read up on how to do it right.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
September 13, 2018, 05:02 PM
trapper189
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
My first year in college. I took my laundry to a laundromat – first time mom didn’t wash my clothes. I had new bluejeans and a new red flannel shirt. My white jockey shorts came out lavender. Embarrassing. Could’ve used some whitening.

He, he. Just last month I left a safe deposit box key in the red envelope in the back pocket of my jeans. My wife found the key in the dryer and remarked my jeans were now pink on the back. The envelope was no where to be found as it had apparently disintegrated.

In fairness to my son, it wasn't so much crying as it was disappointment for ruining his shorts and apprehension about what my reaction would be knowing that he was doing something he shouldn't have been when he did it.
September 14, 2018, 09:33 AM
bendable
for future refrance
What gets white out out of clothes?

Rinse the area completely with clean water. If the stain remains, place a clean cloth under the stained area and blot both sides with acetone or acetone nail polish remover.

When stain is removed, clean the area with a mild soap and water or launder as usual to remove any residue from the cleaning products.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first