SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stop Raining!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stop Raining! Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted
So living in Florida, you expect rain every afternoon or a few showers. No big deal and then the sun comes out - sometimes while it is raining.

But since September we have had all day rain and clouds pretty much every week - there was one stretch at the start that wasn’t too bad and let us run down to the keys with the family. But since, rain and clouds and we don’t even see the sun for days.

Today alone - since midnight we have had 1.5 inches of rain (rain gauge at my house) and 8” of rain in the last week alone. My stack of outdoor projects is growing as keep putting them off - getting close to putting rain gear and just going to work on the yard. Cannot recall any stretch with this much all day rains - like living the Pacific Northwest with stifling hot temps.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel you, I'm in Pompano Beach and my business works on yachts. So many things outside. It has been the rainiest October ever, it's like May/June weather (which was relatively dry this year). I have a river on the street in front of my house right now that's 1' deep. But the past 2 weeks have been aweful.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Man, if I could figure out a way to box up some dry, maybe we could make a deal.
I’ve spent a couple hundred dollars overseeding, planting grass in some bare spots, and fertilizing. Now I’m hoping my water bill is under $300.00.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Send some up here! Put these fires out!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
o living in Florida, you expect rain every afternoon or a few showers. No big deal and then the sun comes out - sometimes while it is raining.

But since September we have had all day rain and clouds pretty much every week - there was one stretch at the start that wasn’t too bad and let us run down to the keys with the family. But since, rain and clouds and we don’t even see the sun for days.

Today alone - since midnight we have had 1.5 inches of rain (rain gauge at my house) and 8” of rain in the last week alone. My stack of outdoor projects is growing as keep putting them off - getting close to putting rain gear and just going to work on the yard. Cannot recall any stretch with this much all day rains - like living the Pacific Northwest with stifling hot temps.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quit complaining. We on the Central Gulf Coast have been in the Cone of Uncertainty 7 times this year. Gladly trade place with you. Maybe 2021 will the year for the East Coast. Just kidding.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
ZSMICHAEL - The gulf coast is in our thoughts and prayers every day. Has been a rough year, and you feel the effects of storm surge a heck of lot more than we do when storms come by. Good luck with Zeta and hope this is the end.

On a positive note, got 3 hours to make a trip to Home Depot and replace an old mailbox that was rusting through. Nothing like using a breaker bar to break through coral rock when digging down 30” for your 4x4 fence post. The new mailbox is all aluminum and pretty nifty with an aluminum sleeve over the fence post - and made right here in US (MN). Honestly was glad to get a window to get out and do some honest work. Let the rain start again - animals 2x2 I tell ya Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. We often feel forgotten here and it has been rough. Good luck with the mailbox.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send it over here. I think we're now somewhere around 200 days without rain in Nevada.

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I want some! Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I will take some rain here at my location.
I'm at a place in my life where mowing the lawn isn't one of my favorite tasks.
There are places in my lawn that will need reseeding in the spring from the drought this summer & fall.
I guess I prefer mowing to reseeding...

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man OP you are singing to the choir here.

I was supposed to have my new house mostly completed a month ago. Things got slowed because of shortages.
Now with the rain, I cannot get a foundation for a porch, cannot get a trench dug for the electricity to the house, cannot get a well driller to come in to drill and cannot get a trench dug for gray water drain. What a snafu.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post