SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Keyhole" Mounts - My Nemesis
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Keyhole" Mounts - My Nemesis Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Two words:

COMMAND STRIPS

Seriously, you can get Command Strips that can hold up like 15 lbs and there's no putting holes in your walls and adjusting/leveling anything is easy.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Use a 2' or 4' level and throw some painters tape on the narrow side. Hold the level against your mounting points and mark your level where you need to fasten to wall. Hold level on wall and mark accordginly.

Mike, I wan ted to thank you for this...worked like a friggin charm!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Use a 2' or 4' level and throw some painters tape on the narrow side. Hold the level against your mounting points and mark your level where you need to fasten to wall. Hold level on wall and mark accordginly.

This method. Simple and easy. Been doing it this way for years.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I always make a template. I put a piece of paper on the back of the item and rub over the keyholes with the edge of a pencil. If the keyholes are offset you can also mark the template with a level line. Then I use a short level across the appropriate template marks and tape it in place. I drill holes for the screws through the template. Always hangs correctly.

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I always make a template. I put a piece of paper on the back of the item and rub over the keyholes with the edge of a pencil. If the keyholes are offset you can also mark the template with a level line. Then I use a short level across the appropriate template marks and tape it in place. I drill holes for the screws through the template. Always hangs correctly.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! This ^ X 10 to the 99th power.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again, I'm a complete stranger. What the hell does it matter what I think? (TM)

Posts: 191 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post