SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    schizoid USPS tracking
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

schizoid USPS tracking Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I mean WTFO!?

This morning I get the following series of emails:

7:10am USPS expects to deliver your package by Tuesday, September 4, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

7:31am USPS expects to deliver your package by Thursday, September 6, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

7:52am USPS expects to deliver your package on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

8:23am Your item is out for delivery on September 2, 2018; USPS expects to deliver your package today by 8:00pm.

I mean great that I will get it today, but come on people! Gesh!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Same here, and it came at the only time they hadn’t said it would.

1) Will be delivered between 10:45 am and 2:45 pm.

2) Make that between 4:45 - 8:30 pm

3) We left on your steps at 3:02 pm

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
A refund of 150.oo got scanned our for delivery ...never came. UPS dropped the investigation without an answer.
Now the company that issued the refund isn't returning my calls or emails.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Sometimes I see every step along the way in the tracking info, but more often lately it's just "Accepted", then "In route to destination", then "Delivered". It always shows an estimated delivery date, but as we all know that's a work in progress, and sometimes the actual delivery will be before or after that date.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I mean WTFO!?

This morning I get the following series of emails:

7:10am USPS expects to deliver your package by Tuesday, September 4, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

7:31am USPS expects to deliver your package by Thursday, September 6, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

7:52am USPS expects to deliver your package on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

8:23am Your item is out for delivery on September 2, 2018; USPS expects to deliver your package today by 8:00pm.

I mean great that I will get it today, but come on people! Gesh!

you getting a Sunday delivery from USPS?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
USPS does package deliveries, mostly for Amazon, on Sundays now. No normal letter delivery though.

Employees seem to like it for the overtime opportunities.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

We get Sunday deliveries (packages from Amazon) even here in little old Wickenburg.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

Yup. It was delivered Sunday. It was from Amazon and no, I am not a Prime member. The order was purchased with "free" shipping on Friday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K0ZZZ:
USPS does package deliveries, mostly for Amazon, on Sundays now. No normal letter delivery though.

Employees seem to like it for the overtime opportunities.

No they don't.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time, USPS works fine. I've had more lost letters and packages through USPS, however, than anywhere else, and damaged packages, too. There is very low reliability for getting a package or letter from A to be with a known time frame, and the tracking is terrible.

I recently sent my daughter a small package. She got it the next day. My wife sent her a letter, and it's been close to a week, and still hasn't shown up.

What drives me nuts is the Fedex composite service; send it Fedex, and Fedex gives it to USPS. Tracking goes to hell, and the delivery time is never accurate.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a lot of problems with USPS stuff making it to me, but I don’t know how it ever makes it because their tracking is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Male announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Male announcer: [later] The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

Male announcer: The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping!

Male announcer: Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again.

[Later]

Male announcer: There's just no stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

Male announcer: It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
USPS has dramatically improved their service quality over the years, at least in my area. However, watching the USPS tracking update can be a roller coaster ride all in itself. Actually I find myself mindlessly monitor the tracking results page for minutes at a time. It's especially hypnotizing when you use their mobile app.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of variables involved. If it is day to day flucuations, more than likely it is based on the sorting facilities. The packages are not scanned individually, but rather as entire shipments in trucks. They get broken down further, and sent to the appropriate destinations. I guess an analogy would be like a grocery store has a cart full of returned items in a cart, they won't all get returned at the same time, but allocated to their appropriate shelf. If that makes sense.

Hour by hour fluctuations are different. This was recently explained to us. Our scanners are GPS enabled, and tracked by the second. We have MSP bar codes at various locations (some of you might have them in your mailbox). So on a route that has 7 hours street time, they may have 8-12 of these MSP bar codes. If the route is done in the order it is supposed to be, and the carrier scans the MSP, it calculates a "guesstimated" time as to when a package will be delivered.

This does not take into consideration that the route might not be carried by the regular carrier, but given away on overtime, or the regular carrier deviates from his "route schedule" for what ever reason. I rarely do my route in order, towards the end of my day, if I am on certain streets, traffic is very heavy, especially with school buses.

As far as the Sunday and overtime "opportunities", I can tell you that is 95% bullshit. There are a few carriers who will volunteer to work Sunday. The rest are new carriers who get forced to work. The first thing I ask a new carrier is if he is married with kids, and I tell them to stick with it, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Single women with kids more than likely won't make it. The USPS does not care if a carrier has to be done to pick up kids from daycare, school, etc... A few years ago, we had roughly 150 new hires in our area, in about 6 weeks, there were 60 left. I had a day off two weeks ago, and the new carrier just quit on my route, same thing happened to a fellow carrier last week. They were short staffed both of those days, so when I came back to work, 1/3 of my route from the day before was sitting there. Always a nice surprise.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post