SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who post YouTube videos to explain articles, regulations, and proposed legislation.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who post YouTube videos to explain articles, regulations, and proposed legislation. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Instead of just posting a link to the actual document itself. It’s always a 46 minute video of some neck beard who explains it to us in forth grader terms, when a forth grader could read whatever it was in five minutes. And to add insult to injury, those with an IQ above room temp (if they can slog through all 46 minutes) can apply logic and reason to conclude most of Neckies conclusions are grounded in fact. It’s speculation to get clicks, likes, and followers.

And they always have to prompt the video with “I’m not an alarmist, but..”

It’s almost bad enough you could create a drinking game in some sub-forums and stay drunker than 10 bicycles round the clock.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I try to avoid looking at videos without a specific recommendation from someone I trust or repeated references to it from different sources.

For the same reason I avoid podcasts unless I’m familiar with it.

Heck, most days I don’t listen to Rush but can get through 3 hours of his show in 15 minutes reading the transcripts.

However, the way things are going there’s less and less TV to watch, fewer things to read that aren’t “woke”, I may be looking for ways to kill time until the grim reaper comes knockin’.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I try to avoid looking at videos without a specific recommendation from someone I trust or repeated references to it from different sources.

For the same reason I avoid podcasts unless I’m familiar with it.

Heck, most days I don’t listen to Rush but can get through 3 hours of his show in 15 minutes reading the transcripts.

However, the way things are going there’s less and less TV to watch, fewer things to read that aren’t “woke”, I may be looking for ways to kill time until the grim reaper comes knockin’.

The commercials on TV now bombard people wth "woke" crap too.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
With the proliferation of videos I was beginning to think I was the only one. Videos are great for some things, but, for most things I prefer the written word.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AND....

Im deaf... Unless said vid has English captions the text itself is better.

I swear fucking people are too lazy to read and need a damned TV to inform them...

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s almost bad enough you could create a drinking game in some sub-forums and stay drunker than 10 bicycles round the clock.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Must be a KY. expression. Anyway I agree with you. LOOOK here and some stupid link to an ignorant video.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Actually I heard it the first time in NC. From an old boy from Talledega, AL.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
There is one I like. Viva Frei is a Canadian lawyer that does an outstanding job walking through and concisely and accurately explaining current legal issues. He was truly outstanding on the Flynn stuff. Doesn't say he is conservative but s is ms the pretty clear he is. He focuses on filings and pleadings and explains the law very well.

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post