SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Random observation -" buddies v. friends"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random observation -" buddies v. friends" Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
There is a distinct difference between a buddy and a friend. When life gets interesting, it is both satisfying and disappointing to watch people who you thought you knew very well, morph into the opposite of where you had them tagged.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I always heard that a buddy is someone who would go to town and get 2 blowjobs and come back and give you one. I don't know, I never had nor wanted a buddy like that. Frown

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In CB lingo, that was a "Good Buddy". Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I've learned that buddies will lead you too trouble while friends will steer you away from it. Older guys will understand this better than younger ones. Ask me how I know. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've often heard a "friend" will help you move.

A "Buddy" will help you move a body.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
And a TRUE friend will help you move in Arizona in June.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I've often heard a "friend" will help you move.

Or is it that a buddy will help you move, but a friend will help you move a dead buddy?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would be a brother, and a whole other level above friendship. I have a small handful of men I put into that category, but it is good knowing who they are.

An example....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
The wisdom of the tappet bothers:
https://www.cartalk.com/content/friendship-0

IMHO, true friends are those you trust with your life. Consider upland hunting, those I trust with a loaded shotgun on the field. I can count those friends on the fingers of one hand and consider myself fortunate that I have so many.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
A buddy will bail you out of jail.

A friend will be sitting in jail next to you saying "Man, that was fucking awesome"!

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post