SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Lounge Is NOT For Every Question You Have
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Lounge Is NOT For Every Question You Have Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Please, please, please...read the list of comprehensive subforums and put your question in the appropriate place.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea where I can buy socks that will last a long time?

Oh yea, and they have to be blue.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue sock store. Ask bendable he knows.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is groundhog's day next year?

Posts: 12659 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would you think if you woke up and...

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Sure it is..... It's also a place to post every headline on Drudge too.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
According to one member who replicated a discussion two months after I had started one in the Lair, his thread was started in the Lounge because he didn't visit other sub-forums very much. I'd have to guess that many members are confused by or refuse to differentiate between the sub-forums in the General section, or even the other sections of the forum, and just throw all their threads into the Lounge. It doesn't help that the description for the Lounge is that it's a place for discussing "just about anything on your mind."

Really, though, what it comes down to is that unless para or lbj weigh in on the behavior going on, nothing is going to happen. Members policing members isn't as successful as when para or lbj make an announcement. And of course, even when they say something there will be people who remain ignorant and continue to repeat infractions.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We shouldn't have to make an announcement.

Announcements happen from time to time because undesirable behavior has arisen to the point where it has to be addressed.

We expect members to use the facilities provided in good faith. That includes doing things like starting your thread in the appropriate room and using an appropriately descriptive title for the thread.

Moving threads around is extra work for us as admin and moderators. Making extra work for us because you (generic you) cannot be bothered to visit the other sub-forums is not an acceptable defense.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
According to one member who replicated a discussion two months after I had started one in the Lair, his thread was started in the Lounge because he didn't visit other sub-forums very much.

Pretty much the same as I encountered. I started a thread in a sub forum and a couple of days later had a member post the same article in the lounge. When I pointed out the duplication he basically blamed me for not posting in the lounge. (Nothing about his failure to search)

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I think sometimes people forget that search engines exist.

Kinda reminds me of when I used to teach high school. Students would ask questions that they could easily and quickly find themselves since the text or computer was right in front of them.

I realize people want to start a thread and get opinions of members, but often, the question could be quickly and accurately answered with a quick google search.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
especially when
"No questions weekend" is in september this year
Roll Eyes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
“What do we like” X. Every time I see one of those I think are you 12?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
---> 42 <---

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't care what you had for lunch.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
"No questions weekend" is in September this year

Well! This sounds like fun!! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The white zone is for immediate unloading passengers only, there it’s no stopping in the red zone....

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
"No questions weekend" is in September this year

Well! This sounds like fun!! Cool

Yeah Bendable, what’s “no questions weekend” like? Sounds like a freaky time!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Please, please, please...read the list of comprehensive subforums and put your question in the appropriate place.

Ironically, the very members that need to read this, won't--for the very reason you posted it.

I wish Management would simply lock egregiously-misposted threads, but it is what it is. *shrug*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post