SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Matt Gaetz is my congressman and I'm so ashamed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matt Gaetz is my congressman and I'm so ashamed Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
Media whore Rep. Matt Gaetz appears in court and demands jail time for protester who threw a slushee at him. local mullet wrapper The local DA wanted it to slide, but Gaetz had charges re-filed in federal court. What a tool.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Really? Fuck that bitch.

Lessons need to be learned.

Gaetz isn't perfect but I'll take him over a RINO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Really? Fuck that bitch.

Lessons need to be learned.

Gaetz isn't perfect but I'll take him over a RINO.

+1 million.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a tool.

So you think is ok to be assaulted or am I mistaken who is the tool,my read is you are calling Gates this.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I'll gladly trade my left wing goof for Gaitz any day of the year. I'd be proud, not ashamed. Did somebody possibly hack your account and is posting without your knowledge?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the OP voted for the 'protester', Amanda Kondrat'yev, who actually ran against Gaetz in 2016...?

If you are ashamed of law and order, well I really don't know what to do for ya OP.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Well my congress critter is Swalwell and I would gladly trade you for Gaetz...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I support Gaetz in this as well. No one should have anything thrown at them. Assault is assault.

Well, some people need the "book" thrown at them...

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Media whore Rep. Matt Gaetz appears in court and demands jail time for protester who threw a slushee at him. local mullet wrapper The local DA wanted it to slide

I agree with Gaetz. the local DA is the one who should be shamed

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
How do you feel about the conservative reporter Andy Ngo, assaulted by ANTIFA? Was that ok in your opinion?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and...-andy-ngo-proud-boys

No one should be assaulted for having a different opinion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Media whore Rep. Matt Gaetz appears in court and demands jail time for protester who threw a slushee at him.

Media whore, ehh, maybe. (All politicians are, to an extent.) But it isn't a very big step from throwing slushees to throwing heavy objects, punches, or worse. Maybe the next liquid thrown will be urine, or a caustic chemical.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Gates is my congressman as well. The DA is the embarrassment. Bitch should have gotten about 6 months. Who knows what the next fluid will be?

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep. We like him. He's a good man.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
18USC351(e): “Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a) of this section [Members of Congress] shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.”

The assailant of Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) was charged, convicted, and served time in the federal system, in addition to State charges.

So, just because you consider your Congresscritter to be a douchebag, he shouldn’t be protected; is that what you are saying?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Media whore Rep. Matt Gaetz appears in court and demands jail time for protester who threw a slushee at him. local mullet wrapper The local DA wanted it to slide, but Gaetz had charges re-filed in federal court. What a tool.
I must be a tool, because I'd be pursuing the same course of action, even though the DA wanted to "let it slide" Roll Eyes. Assault me and I'll do my very best to see that you go to jail.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Yea, I am sure if someone wearing a MAGA hat threw a Slushee at the DA he/she would let it slide.

That aside I like what I have seen of Gaetz.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
This happened before Matt ran for Congress Gaetz DUI

"But as it turns out, notoriety is about the worst consequence Gaetz, now 31, has faced from the DUI arrest.

He didn't have his license suspended for a year when he refused the breath test — as Florida law dictates. And he didn't have that refusal used against him in a criminal proceeding. Charges against Gaetz were dismissed after events that included, among other things, the forced resignation of the arresting officer."

Matt's DUI arrest was fixed. Maybe fixed by his father, who was a very popular politician. He used his last name to move up in politics which is something I detest. Matt then had the chance to act like a gracious powerful man but he didn't. He could have accepted an apology; instead he demanded jail time. If you or I were arrested for DUI, we would suffer the consequences. But not Matt: he's special. I just find Matt Gaetz to be repugnant. This is the same district that Joe Scarborough represented; we have been fooled before.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of which has anything to do with him being assaulted by a left wing moron. You don't like him fine, that is your right. But don't try to defend assault because you don't like the victim.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
18USC351(e): “Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a) of this section [Members of Congress] shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.” ...

A Slurpee is not a dangerous weapon. The protester got jail and a fine. Rep. Gaetz could have gotten complimentary media coverage for announcing that he was forgiving, but no.

The 1st Congressional District is possibly the most conservative district in the USA. Hell, we absolutely elected Bush by overcoming Gore's lead in Florida. There are loads of good Republicans around these parts who would do a better job than Matt Gaetz. Rep. Gaetz has praised the Democratic Florida Sec Ag Nikki Fried, who is a big supporter of smokeable marijuana as is Gaetz. This shows him to be a tool of "For The People" John Morgan, the Democratic tort lawyer from Orlando. Rep. Gaetz also introduced in Congress, and the House passed, a bill that would allow private ownership of Pensacola and Navarre beach; a public treasure. The bill died in the Senate despite Sen. Marko's support when an outpouring of bi-partison objection from locals led Sen. Nelson to object. This was a land grab by developers and Matt was their tool. There are other examples of his being a tool of powerful men and interests.

posted Hide Post
You are reading the statute wrong.

She was charged under the first portions, this:

18USC351(e): “Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a) of this section [Members of Congress] shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both;

NOT this

and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.”

That AND is killing your argument, among other things...

quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Rep. Gaetz could have gotten complimentary media coverage for announcing that he was forgiving, but no.
And what good would that do?

Embolden the next leftist to throw more stuff, maybe with concrete and or urine inside.