SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate iTunes more than anything in this life
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate iTunes more than anything in this life Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Who designed this digital piece of hell?! I just want to put music from my hard drive on an iPod but if there’s a simple way to do it I can’t find it. After 30 minutes and every foul curse in my quiver I gave up. Every alternative to iTunes I’ve tried has been no better. Why can’t I just drag and drop from my HD to the fucking iPod?!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
iTunes was one of the various reasons I switched from an iPhone to a Samsung, and I used iTunes from the very start, having purchased the 1st Gen iPod in the first week of release. Music mgmt on the Android phone is far superior than the garbage that Apple puts out.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Yep. I'm an Apple fanboy for many of their products, but iTunes and Apple Music both SUCK.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
iTunes is de Ebil, from everything I've heard. I don't know, personally, because it only runs on Macs and MS-Win PeeCees, which I don't use.

I will say this: For a company that prides itself as a platform for media: iOS sux0rz. Lacking iTunes there is no way for me to get my music onto my iPhone/iPad. To say I was both astonished and disappointed to discover this would be an understatement of monumental proportions.

I wouldn't throw iOS over for Android, just because of that, but man oh man...

The thing I don't get is iTunes has been roundly criticized from every quarter for years, yet it remains horrible. You'd think Apple would fix the PoS.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

The thing I don't get is iTunes has been roundly criticized from every quarter for years, yet it remains horrible. You'd think Apple would fix the PoS.

If anything, it's gotten worse over time. The app itself looks ancient, and hasn't had a facelift since I can remember.

On the other hand, some of the feature "improvements" make users pull their hair out. But no amount of bitching on Apple and other forums seems to make any difference to Apple.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a 6-8 year old kid that could help me? Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
1. In iTunes, create a Playlist & drag & drop your music into it.
2. Connect your iPod & follow these directions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Anyone got a 6-8 year old kid that could help me? Mad

I got this program as part of a package but you can buy it stand alone:

WinX Media Trans

You install it to your PC then you can transfer easily between your pc and iphone: photos, music, videos, books, and ringtones.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why I have a Microsoft Zune. So easy to transfer back and forth. Apple can piss off.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips. I’ll try anything at this point.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
This is why I have a Microsoft Zune. So easy to transfer back and forth. Apple can piss off.

I had a Sansa MP3 player that was drag and drop from windows explorer. So easy but I got tired of putting batteries in the thing.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Does the iTunes agreement still have that stuff in there about not using iTunes as an aid in creating nuclear weapons? It was in there, years ago.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Does the iTunes agreement still have that stuff in there about not using iTunes as an aid in creating nuclear weapons? It was in there, years ago.

Shit, now I’ve got to look cause that was my next project after figuring out mp3 transfers.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
1. In iTunes, create a Playlist & drag & drop your music into it.
2. Connect your iPod & follow these directions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

That’s the method I’ve used in the past. iTunes has it quirks, but I’ve used it problem free for almost 10 years.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you search online there is a program that makes it as easy as drag and drop.

I use it for an ipod shuffle I have, but it's on my other PC right now.

Once you've created your playlist you just run a quick macro and voila they're on your ipod.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
If you search online there is a program that makes it as easy as drag and drop.

I use it for an ipod shuffle I have, but it's on my other PC right now.

Once you've created your playlist you just run a quick macro and voila they're on your ipod.

I’ve tried several programs that claim this and none worked.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I can't help you use it or get around it, but I will say that when - shudder - I do have to use it to get stuff onto my iPad, I uninstall it afterward so it doesn't crud up the PC.

It's the ultimate 'screw you' to those of us not drinking Kupertino Kool-Aid, dontcha know. For those of us who like their littler devices but not their PCs....they throw this last little beast at you to let them know they are watching and disapprove.

Well, maybe it's not just that. It could be they aren't doing this on purpose to annoy non Mac users, maybe they just don't know how to do software and don't care about user interfaces....

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Leemur,

I share your sentiments. A few years back my youngest gifted me with an iPod. I am no computer techie novice but I'll be damned if iTunes isn't the biggest load of stupid crap ever foisted on mankind. I said screw this and thanking my son returned the hardware to him.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Or chemical or biological:

“You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.”

https://www.apple.com/ca/legal...itunes/ca/terms.html

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post