SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When did it become acceptable to...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did it become acceptable to... Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
blare your stupid music on your phone while you shop at the grocery store? Where the hell do these people come from and who are raising them? I shouldn't care, but shit like that drives me crazy!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I wonder if these are the same people who blare music:

1) from their cars through 52" subwoofers
2) from their pools at home or in their apartment or whatever so that everyone on the block can listen in and 'enjoy'
3) on campgrounds, picnic areas or other public areas to drown out any conservation one might wish to have

One only hopes that these people suffer from complete deafness very early on in life.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12672 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

2) from their pools at home or in their apartment or whatever so that everyone on the block can listen in and 'enjoy'
3) on campgrounds, picnic areas or other public areas to drown out any conservation one might wish to have

One only hopes that these people suffer from complete deafness very early on in life.

My wife hikes a lot and she runs into assholes on the trails with speakers built into their packs so they can play their shity music in nature

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:

My wife hikes a lot and she runs into assholes on the trails with speakers built into their packs so they can play their shity music in nature

we hike and camp a lot too, camping I don't mind it as much as long as it's country, classic rock, etc. Hiking it drives me absolutely crazy.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
They are probably the spawn of those people who used to walk around with their huge ghetto-blasters on their shoulders. Eek

Posts: 8994 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

Around here, it's more likely an ice cream truck speaker mounted behind the grille.
Cranked up to the point of distortion, in a lifted Caprice on 39" wheels....

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15111 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I don't go hiking or camping to listen to shitty music. I can go to the mall for that. Come to think of it, that's one reason I don't go to the mall.

Posts: 26838 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
blare your stupid music on your phone while you shop at the grocery store? Where the hell do these people come from and who are raising them? I shouldn't care, but shit like that drives me crazy!
They come from the 50's. The only people I've seen doing this are older folks. Last week we were at lunch and this older fellow was listening to some current pop music while he read his news paper.

The young guy in the booth next to him finally had enough and asked him if he could turn it off.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Because people lack common fucking courtesy these days. Their feelings matter and that's more important than being a decent human being. They only care about themselves so fuck the rest of the world.

It's the same with the assholes talking to someone with the phone on speaker. Yeah, we all want to hear about your worthless conversation about who is dating who or some celebrity gossip or some other dumb shit.

Posts: 13029 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They come from the 50's. The only people I've seen doing this are older folks. Last week we were at lunch and this older fellow was listening to some current pop music while he read his news paper.

I have never seen this behavior, but I do not frequent retirement communities where that generation would be. The eye doc I see has Sirrus radio on the 1950s channel. A long wait usually occurs which can be pretty hard on the ears.

Of course it could be the people who used to punch in the tunes on the table side jukebox to listen to their favorite record.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
A neighbor also has a very nice lake home. He is selling it because of all the noise from drunken, inconsiderate a-holes. Especially those with the $100,000 wake boats with monster speakers parading by his home at all hours blasting crappy music.

Yep, there should be a law......lots of them.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4207 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the answer OP was looking for via video

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a boss, who was 70 at the time, had just got the iPhone when it 1st came out. My job was to accompany him out on the trail on horseback. He had done the same thing except we were riding horses, up in the mountains, to enjoy nature, & I had to listen to his stupid phone play music. Of course I couldn't tell him to turn it off, but it embarrassed me just to be with "THAT GUY"

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had a boss, who was 70 at the time, had just got the iPhone when it 1st came out. My job was to accompany him out on the trail on horseback. He had done the same thing except we were riding horses, up in the mountains, to enjoy nature, & I had to listen to his stupid phone play music. Of course I couldn't tell him to turn it off, but it embarrassed me just to be with "THAT GUY"

Damn that is terrible. Insensitive AND entitled. Some old people can be real idiots. Somehow they have survived to 70 and have not learned manners.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Some old people can be real idiots.
Yes, that is very true.
  • Some old people can be idiots.
  • Some young people can be idiots.
  • Some white people can be idiots.
  • Some black people can be idiots.
  • Some brown people can be idiots.
  • Some Jewish people can be idiots.
  • Some Baptist people can be idiots.
  • Some Yugoslavian people can be idiots.
  • Some fat people can be idiots.
  • Some thin people can be idiots.
  • Some gay people can be idiots.
  • Some straight people can be idiots.
  • Some Peruvian people can be idiots.
Some people can be idiots.

I guess some day we'll find out that some little green Martian people can be idiots.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some Peruvian people can be idiots.

I disagree EVERY Peruvian I have met has been above average.

My remark was taken out of context. If you have lived to seventy years of age and have not learned manners something is wrong. It is called a failure to learn from experience. Of course it could be presenile dementia and in that case it would be perfectly understandable.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Some Peruvian people can be idiots.
I disagree EVERY Peruvian I have met has been above average.
I personally know at least three Peruvians that I bet you have never met. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
out of the 75 motorcycles that go by my apartments on a weekend with nice weather,
only three or four have the music playing really really loud on their handle bar speakers.

the third hill outside the city is 1.25 miles away and when the wind is right, I can sometimes hear both the music and the bike, from there

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I personally know at least three Peruvians that I bet you have never met.

OK you win, I defer to the octogenarian.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I personally know at least three Peruvians that I bet you have never met.
OK you win, I defer to the octogenarian.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים