This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4970027174

June 29, 2020, 10:36 AM
coloradohunter44
Disrespectful child
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Did you at least get the quarter?

Nope, pointed it out to the officers...evidence ya know. Didn't want my prints on it.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
June 30, 2020, 10:45 AM
IntrepidTraveler
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Nevertheless, for minor vehicle related damage, exchanging insurance information and taking the appropriate photos should suffice, right? Any windshield damage occurring this way (even through intentional vandalism) is covered under comprehensive insurance usually with a low deductible. Hell, a windshield nick is often covered in full with no deductible for chip repair/sealant to avoid a crack propagating and necessitating a full replacement.

Is this not the same as rioters saying they are doing nothing wrong because businesses have insurance?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)
June 30, 2020, 12:41 PM
MMSIG229
Anytime you deal with a juvenile, you have to be extremely cautious. The whole situation could have gone south quickly. As pissed as I would have been, I probably would have done things a bit differently. You were smart to stash your weapon, the last thing you want to be accused of is getting a weapon involved with a juvenile over a property crime.If it was intentional, it is a crime.If he was under 18 it would be juvenile delinquency, if an adult, criminal mischief. I would have definetly filed a police report and had the family pay for the damages. Believe me, the kid learned nothing except that he can get away with damaging someone else's property with no consequences. The only way people understand consequences is if it costs them money. If the court won't do anything, take the family to civil court.
June 30, 2020, 01:19 PM
nasig
What kind of trash are these people?
you know the answer to that one

a couple of things I may have done differently.
I would have called the dispatcher and asked for a car rather than 911. it doesn't sound like an emergency as you described it.
I'd try and get a grip on my emotions before engaging in a foul mouthed argument with a 12 year old. that can only lead down hill
June 30, 2020, 03:36 PM
ryan81986
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Did you at least get the quarter?

Nope, pointed it out to the officers...evidence ya know. Didn't want my prints on it.

Lol nobody is going to fingerprint a quarter over a windshield.

June 30, 2020, 03:49 PM
ifithitu
12 years old wow KIDS will be kids.Enough said!
July 01, 2020, 06:50 AM
myrottiety
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
12 years old wow KIDS will be kids.Enough said!

Kid deserved a lesson. Maybe it sank in. But kids are impulsive and make dumb decisions.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
July 01, 2020, 10:14 PM
Keystoner
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
he cusses at me

The kid swore at you? That would really make my blood boil too.

Hopefully the whole incident put enough of a scare into the kid that he will never do that again.

Year V