SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SF members have the ugliest plates/dishes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF members have the ugliest plates/dishes Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
On a more serious note, one of my favorite pieces of dishes to eat on are old surplus stainless steel mess trays and vintage melamine cafeteria trays from the 60s that I found at a antique shop.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
The biggest problem with paper plates is they fall apart in the dishwasherFrown

Just lick them clean and air dry them. Razz

Dog licks 'em clean, air dry on the counter. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the glasses at Pizza Hut. So I talked them into selling me a couple.
My dinnerware matches the motif of the rest of my home furnishings. Early Garage Sale.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have four Texasware melamine plates wich I use daily, I have eaten from them since I was a toddler, still my favorite.

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

But I'm thinking about going to the Goodwill store down the street later today and seeing if that service for four for $6.99 is still there.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Good beer, great gun, tasty steak and you saw the plate? Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Up until two months ago we used Corelle that my wife owned before we met. Over 36 years of use. Perhaps the dishes are less than beautiful but that lets the food take top billing. The new stuff is nice, Pfalzgraff this time.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think our dishes & glasses came from laundry soap boxes or when dad would fill up.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We use the finest Dixie paper plates that they offer.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a cabinet full of dishes old and new, a draw full of flatware, a cabinet full of glasses, cups, mugs.

Yet I eat about 90% of my meals out of old Corningware dishes, drink out of a stainless RTIC tumbler and eat with a metal spork and a pocket knife.

I live like a hobo, like I'm camping full time. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They seem to do OK if you just lightly rinse them. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Well damn! Still using these everyday from the very early '70s. Big Grin Big Grin Smile

https://www.businessinsider.co...y-gold-plates-2017-1

Me too. Except that most of my Corelle pieces are all white – the “pattern” that’s always available, even today.

I especially love my old Corelle coffee cups – the ones with the wide hook handle. So comfortable to hold, and they stack far more compactly than any other ceramic cup. Drinking coffee from one right now. After Corning sold the brand (to Chinese?), this style of cup was no longer available.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I like our plates. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My Mom bought an interim set of dishes (much to Dad’s chagrin) after she retired the dishes they received as a wedding gift. They were white Corelle. After about a year, Mom bought a set of expensive flowery dishes and the Corelle disappeared.

A couple years later, I get my first apartment and Mom hands me a box of white Corelle dishes. I added 4 place settings to it from Walmart and have been using them for 24 years. In that time, I’ve only broken one and that was because I turned on the wrong burner on the range and the plate exploded.

I have less than $2/year invested in my dishes and couldn’t be happier. I spend my kitchen money on German forged knives, and Thermoworks thermometers.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
It’s Fiestaware here. Smile

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I’ve only broken one and that was because I turned on the wrong burner on the range and the plate exploded.

I managed to break a bowl by dropping it on a tile floor. They are difficult to break, but when they do, it’s a sight to behold.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
This is an excellent bitch Big Grin

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Every meal protection thread I look at I think to myself why the hell do they have still have grandmas Corningwear dishes. Razz Wink

Me thinks you have a little too much spare time on your hands. Or how about a nice pic of your fine china with a perfectly cooked hunk of beef or whatever properly displayed.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I like the glasses at Pizza Hut. So I talked them into selling me a couple.
My dinnerware matches the motif of the rest of my home furnishings. Early Garage Sale.

Ha! As a kid I thought those were the coolest glasses. The transparent red, fine pebble texture on all but the 1/2 around the rim. They were fancy, of course I was 8 at the time. When I started driving and paying for gas, I graduated to a nice set of Green Bay Packer glassware from the Mobil station.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have my dog for that.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post