SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SF members have the ugliest plates/dishes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF members have the ugliest plates/dishes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
I do have some of my grandmother's plates and silverware. Probably have it until I die and my hope is that my daughter takes it.
Same with my cast iron. Over 60 years old and my grandmother used it, my mom used it and now I have it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Every meal protection thread I look at I think to myself why the hell do they have still have grandmas Corningwear dishes. Razz Wink

Me thinks you have a little too much spare time on your hands. Or how about a nice pic of your fine china with a perfectly cooked hunk of beef or whatever properly displayed.
I did a quick search and find zero (0) protection posts by the OP.

Big Grin He needs to show us how it should be done Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Does anybody else remember free dish night at the movie theater?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there's a fella here with square plates, Che chic

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

Yikes. I guess the little smileys at the end of the post were too subtle. Its just a little good razzing. Eat off a gold plate or out of an old cool whip container. I dont care. Thought it was a little good fun Roll Eyes

In fairness, I found out the hard way that the smileys don't show up on everyone's phones. I was teasing a member and offended him, although we cleared it up pretty quickly.

Anyway, I find this post hilarious and will now be watching for someone to share a photo of their meal in a Cool Whip tub. Big Grin

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Because we spend all our money on guns and ammo (and cars and motorcycles and watches and cigars and beer and Waste Kangs and...).

So we don't have any money left for fine china.

Left out da hookers n blow...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My wife rotates her worry list every couple of weeks. A month ago it was lead in dishes.
Seems the Cornflower and other patterned Corningware and Corelle Ware had lead.
She loves the plain white Corelle because it stacks so neatly—and no lead.
Like driving an ‘06 Odyssey, very practical is my wife. Wink

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have separate plates... hers were hand painted by her great grandmother... mine are I think from pier one impotents... hedge or green deciding how I feel that day...

Speaking of paper plates... here's the best use I've found for them:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
My wife rotates her worry list every couple of weeks. A month ago it was lead in dishes.
Seems the Cornflower and other patterned Corningware and Corelle Ware had lead.
She loves the plain white Corelle because it stacks so neatly—and no lead.
Like driving an ‘06 Odyssey, very practical is my wife. Wink

Re: “She loves the plain white Corelle because it stacks so neatly—and no lead.”

And, as I noted earlier, it’s the one Corelle “pattern” that’s always available.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
40 years ago the wife and I splurged on a Corelle dish set. Plates, saucers, and cups. The whole shebang. We still use them everyday. For our RV we got a chic red square set.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Boonton Ware. Since forever. Not microwave safe, but neither am I.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Guess I must be odd. Eaten from paper plates, plastic and, Corning ware. I used to have multiple sets of Indiana Glass from the 70s and 80s. Six beautiful 64 ounce Indiana Glass Harvest Grape pattern milk glass pitchers. The harvest grape and leaf is raised near 1/4" on the surface. The were beautiful. Matching tumblers came in 3 sizes of which I had 34 of each. Never used them all. Paid over $100.00 for 8 Westmorland bread and butter plates of harvest grape milk glass. Found 6 Westmorland harvest grape milk glass dinner plates in a antique shop for $35.00 each. Also lined my cupboards with Libby blue cobalt glasses. Had beautiful Imperial harvest grape pattern candy dishes. Very large and beautiful. Other translucent blue candy dishes. I spread 12 LE Smith glass gobbler turkeys throughout my beautiful apartment. Nothing ever got broken. Mahogany tables quite old, decorated with milk glass, brass and blue cobalt. One mahogany antique card table contained 2 Browning BDAs in .45 ACP and 1 BDA in 9mm. One would need to rotate and flip its top to expose its hidden compartment. I decorated my surroundings.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I only have white plates and bowls and such.

And they're all square or rectangular, except the ramekins.

Nothing but a cabinet full of matcbing white dishes.

I have other options boxed up and put away, and some sentimental things scattered about.

But I rock the all white squares, myself.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post