SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    More ghetto-tastic/white-trash-fabulous baby names...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More ghetto-tastic/white-trash-fabulous baby names... Login/Join 
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
There was a kid in my high school named Afoo. Pronounced "Ah-foo."

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I once stopped a Korean lady for speeding:
Suk Ho Moon.
One of our local black hookers actual legal name:
Magnolia Thunderpussy.
Always fun to run her tag over the air!

SOME random officer... I dont' know who.....

He may or may not have a list of amusing license plates to run over the air...

Including:

Harry Wang
Suk Mi
Hugh Jasper

and you get the idea...

This officer, would not ever want to ruin his stash of all his amusing plates and names... He saves them for when the dispatcher is being insufferable...

But I would never identify that guy.. or girl...

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I wrote a girl named "Uniqua" once....

from the backyardagains..kids cartoon...(sigh)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
IBTDDBS

(In Before "The Dash Don't Be Silent")

Sadly, not IBLMJO. Roll Eyes

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
IBTDDBS

(In Before "The Dash Don't Be Silent" Roll Eyes)

You missed it already. 4th post.

Big Grin

Some of these are old as dirt.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
You missed it already. 4th post.

Figures.

The same tired old apocryphal stories get trotted out in every wacky name thread.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
This is my every day. Report after report. <sigh>

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I've had some fun ones checking in trucks at a warehouse, just today I had a gentleman from Alberta named Gang Wang. Had a Sukdeep before too.

The most unfortunate name I've seen was a girl named Stasi. I know her jackass parents were going for a new and hip spelling for "Stacy," but Stasi is not pronounced that way. We live in the future, where at a moment's notice, we can whip out our communicators and have access to the entirety of human knowledge up to about six minutes ago, anywhere, any time. So maybe, next time, go ahead and see what Google has to say about your "super creative" way of spelling your fuck trophy's name, so you don't end up naming them after some other brutal secret police organization?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dd7FixvoKBw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I love that sketch. K&P are just hilarious in general!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
"How do you pronounce your first name?"

"What the hell does it look like?"

"Gibberish. Now, how do you pronounce it?"

And teachers who mispronounce these shit names or ask how they pronounce these shit names in English are accused of being insensitive or causing "micro-aggressions" towards "people of color". Funkin' ridiculous.

http://neatoday.org/2016/09/01...cing-students-names/

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramtough:
How about La-sha aka "Ladasha".

It's actually L-A.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dd7FixvoKBw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

As an Aaron, you need a swift kick in the nutz for posting that. Smile

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
True story. An emergency room nurse told me of some of the names patients brought in wanted to name their soon-to-be offspring. The two most memorable:

Fallopian
Shi'Thead

(and yes, there is the apocryphal story of the Lemonjello and Orangejello twins...)

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
True story. An emergency room nurse told me of some of the names patients brought in wanted to name their soon-to-be offspring. The two most memorable:

Fallopian
Shi'Thead

(and yes, there is the apocryphal story of the Lemonjello and Orangejello twins...)

I know I've told this story here before. I like it though and I'll keep it brief.

When I was teaching middle school I took my class to a CiCi's pizza place for lunch after the field trip. Naturally I walked in first to let the staff know "The Large Group" had arrived.

The first person I see appear to be a nice young woman and as I am talking to her I see her name tag reads "Shithead" and knowing what will happen if my middle school kids see this nametape I make her aware that, "I think someone has played a joke on you, they messed with your name tag."

She looked down at her name tag then up at me and said without a trace of humor or intelligence, (I'll spell phonetically to better articulate her "accent")

"Wut? My name shu-teed!"

I said, "Of course it is! I misread it. Sorry." Then I ran outside and told all my kids they were not to say a single syllable regarding ANY name tag they saw in the restaurant.

Honestly. What inspires someone to do that to a child?

I had one other student named "Clien-tel". I don't have to tell you what his mother did for a living. He was a good kid. I think he ended up beating the odds and going to college.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
or ask how they pronounce these shit names in English

My area of NJ was a melting pot of cultures and I'd always run into someone with an odd name. I'd ask how to pronounce it because mispronouncing a name seemed to be discourteous to me. I never bot a negative reaction.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real name of young lady, no joke: Urine.

Nope, not pronounced that way. Pronounced U Rhine with a drawl on the Rhine.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Pittsburgh area members will like this. When I was working ER in one of the city hospitals, our facility got a transfer to our NICU (Neonatal ICU) from a hospital in Beaver, PA. A family member came to the ER entrance & asked about the infant. The clerk asked, "Is it the baby from Beaver?"

The family member responded, quite offended, "She had a c-section!"

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Tarneesh DaSilva

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Pittsburgh area members will like this. When I was working ER in one of the city hospitals, our facility got a transfer to our NICU (Neonatal ICU) from a hospital in Beaver, PA. A family member came to the ER entrance & asked about the infant. The clerk asked, "Is it the baby from Beaver?"

The family member responded, quite offended, "She had a c-section!"

Hahahahah... <snort>

That story is so stolen. Hope you don't mind, I've already sent it to my wife. Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
"How do you pronounce your first name?"

"What the hell does it look like?"

"Gibberish. Now, how do you pronounce it?"

That could very well wind up being used as a name, if it already hasn't.

This was repeated to me second or third hand and could be a rumor like "La-a", but I heard of a guy named Shithead (pronounced "shih-THEED"). It's plausible.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post