SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS got nothing on DHL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS got nothing on DHL Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Ordered a gift last Thursday for my wife's birthday from a vendor in California. Lckily her birthday isn't until this Thursday. Item Sat at the DHL site for three and a half days then pops up in Raleigh, NC today to be handed off to...USPS. Getting what I paid for with the no charge shipping.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked for a tow company here in AZ for a while and found that DHL will follow their GPS WHEREVER it tells them to go... We used to pull DHL vans out of the dumbest desert areas because they got stuck following their GPS to places they had no reason to be at...

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My experience has been that the only shipping company worse than DHL, is LaserShip.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I worked, briefly, for them back in the late 1970s. Their branch in Houston based at Intercontinental Airport was a wretched hive of dope-addled imbeciles, from the top down. I have been amazed that they stayed in business.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought DHL got out of the residential/individual customer game and is only doing B-to-B. That not true?

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
I thought DHL got out of the residential/individual customer game and is only doing B-to-B. That not true?

I did to but I have something coming from Hong Kong today that was shipped DHL.

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:

They hand off packages to USPS for last (250) mile delivery it would seem.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Remember, it's pronounced, "DaHell?"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
what's strange is I understand they're terrific overseas.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Christmas 2015, I ordered some boots for my granddaughter, they got shipped by DHL and ended up being delivered to somebody in Mexico.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I have you all beat with DHL.

October 27th of last year I ordered some items from Germany. They shipped it DHL. Never showed.

Two weeks ago I get contacted by a guy who restores German cars out of Salem, Ma. He had ordered a car bumper from Germany and found my package in his box. Apparently it was used as filler for his bumper. It still had the items in it. The guy from Salem mailed me the box and now I have the items.

It's just a head shaker for me.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
When I worked for DHS/ICE, we were forced to change from UPS & FedEx to DHL. DHL constantly lost packages (evidence and case files being transferred), and eventually got dropped as a FedGov contractor. Utterly the worst contracted deliverer of packages, except for the USPS.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
DHL is a division of Deutche Post and makes the USPS look like geniuses.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:

They're the biggest. Economies of scale. Tribal knowledge. They have it down to a science. But they're still not good if they have to do a little more customer hand-holding or if something goes south with the shipment. etc.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:

^^^^^Yes.

We used them a lot in Afghanistan. They were great.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Vendor sent the wrong item. They emailed me a return label...for UPS.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
I worked for a tow company here in AZ for a while and found that DHL will follow their GPS WHEREVER it tells them to go... We used to pull DHL vans out of the dumbest desert areas because they got stuck following their GPS to places they had no reason to be at...

May rural "roads" here in AZ are dirt, as you know, and rather than build a bridge or culvert, they just let the wash cross the road. You can easily encounter a 50-100 ft wide "beach" of sand just to get where you are going. Easy to bog down, even in dry weather.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Finally got the correct item yesterday. So from order, to screw up, to receiving correct item it took two weeks. I got what I paid for with the free shipping.

posted Hide Post
I got the mail today. I got a post card reminding me that the Indy guns how was last weekend....it had a coupon for 2$ off entry.
It only took 12 days to get here from Ok.
Thanks USPS. It was post marked the 9th of March and arrived the 21st. I guess I should be glad it got here the same year. Are they using horses again for the mail?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I got the mail today. I got a post card reminding me that the Indy guns how was last weekend....it had a coupon for 2$ off entry.
It only took 12 days to get here from Ok.
Thanks USPS. It was post marked the 9th of March and arrived the 21st. I guess I should be glad it got here the same year. Are they using horses again for the mail?

Horses? I wish, I walk everywhere.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post