SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    2020 is the gift that keeps on giving....(parent in hospital)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 is the gift that keeps on giving....(parent in hospital) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Well as many of in this thread can attest to, 2020 is the year that just keeps on giving.

Finally convinced mom and stepdad to move out of the house they've owned for 40 years and into a nice little place with no stairs to worry about.

Last week while packing, stepdad went pale and hit the ground. Ambulance came and took him into hospital. Blood pressure was 84/45 when admitted.

Had a nasty abscess in his stomach that was causing all kinds of hell. In and out of ICU due to an infection in the area they put the draining tube.
No nourishment for over a week so that the stomach could heal; has onset dementia and the meds are really fucking him up. To the point he has had to be restrained to keep him from pulling tubes out.

Thought he might go home early next week.

Nurse just called, back in ICU with pneumonia and "respiratory issues".

That's awesome! Cause you always hear how great things work out for a 76 year old man in poor health who gets pneumonia.
/sarcasm off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for all that has happened so far (I read your previous thread).
I will say a prayer for you and your father.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers said and sent for both you and your Dad.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the bad year so far.

I have had what I thought was a bad year so far too.
But, mostly just stuff breaking, computer, XBox, two new batteries(motorcycle and UTV), water softner, leak in Ice cube maker line and on and on, until this last weekend. Sister died of cancer.
Hope your July ends better. Good luck

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Good luck. My kids' dad is going into the hospital tomorrow for a heart procedure.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post