SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Garbage factory remote start designs that shut off when you open a door.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garbage factory remote start designs that shut off when you open a door. Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redwood25:
I hate all these stupid 300 dollar keys

I like the convenience of the smart key (at least some of it). Especially opening the windows w/out getting in the car (nice when it's rather hot).

But I hate that these keys are $300 to replace. And hate that I can't have a spare key that fits into my wallet.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh... I can remote start from my phone too. Useful if out of remote range.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of my Hondas with factory remote start only shit down if you try to out it in gear when it is running. Otherwise you just need to press the brake and push the start button to drive normally.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
But I hate that these keys are $300 to replace. And hate that I can't have a spare key that fits into my wallet.

We rolled "key insurance" into the loan. For $200, both ours are covered for life. Damaged, lost, stolen, whatever: It's covered.

What good would a spare key do you? No active fob and the car won't do anything for you, anyway. Well, except set off the theft alarm, which you won't be able to stop without... yes, a fob Wink

quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Both of my Hondas with factory remote start only shit down if ...

Personally, I don't want any of my vehicles shitting in any direction, regardless of what I do!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post