SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Think I'm going to stay in for the rest of the day........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think I'm going to stay in for the rest of the day........ Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
So after my earlier post of the MIA package in the USPS system I needed to deposit a check at my credit union and switch money around at our bank. I do the cu on line but my wife prefers to not go on line, who am I to argue? But they had a new sweetheart rewards credit cards deal that I am looking at so all was not lost.

So back to the credit union. I took my one and a half year old grandson with me, a slight ordeal to get him in the seat though. Now on either side of me there were at least five open spaces and hardly anyone in the branch as usual.

A car pulls in, starts to park on my right side then stops. Older woman starts to pull in the space then stops in the aisle. She looks right at me and saw I am getting in the car, now starting it and stepping on the brake and putting it in reverse so the backup lights are on. She is just sitting there, right in my blind spot, partway in the spot, just sitting there mostly in the aisle, wheels turned, Sitting, sitting.

So I start to back out, watching her. She now finishes backing out of that spot and exits the parking lot after giving me the stink eye. So she got the stare right back.

And as a P.S., of the four brake light bulbs in the taillights, she has a 50% operating rate, left top and right bottom. Not always but usually an indicator of a total idiot when you get to that level of functioning lights. Reinforced by the fact that as I follow her down the road, four lanes @ 50 m.p.h. speed limit plus a center turn lane. She then makes a full stop in the left traffic lane and ignoring the center left turn lane.

Think I will just stay in for the rest of the day dealing with the hacking and coughing from the bronchitis.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, it's is Monday. Probably best to just avoid it all. Smile

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Could be worse. Could be raining"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Was she leading you to next whiskey bar?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
No, but she did turn into an apartment complex......I'll take a pass on that one.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post