SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I love my new bike, but...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love my new bike, but... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I pretty much grew up on thumpers and parallel twins, so a little shaking was just part of owning a motorcycle!

I was stationed in Japan in 1971/72 when the first Honda 750-4's hit the street. Buddy of mine had one, let me ride it. Talk about a revelation!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for a dozen years I thought I wanted a Unimog truck, but after this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8g2anXiNU

I may have to rethink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I ride in "STD" 99% of the time and I'm pretty sure it's the stock default.....

Paul maybe it was "standard" I used too, I can't recall the exact term. Regardless, after the flash the default was "A" which I certainly didn't want. I called them and was told they usually set the default to "A" but if I wanted it changed they'd be happy to do so just send it back. Well I wasn't going through that again so I just left it.

If you haven't made it clear already I would suggest contacting them just to let them know you wish "STD" to be your default.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
apparently for emissions reasons, when you back off the throttle the injectors cut off completely. LOT of engine braking. Opening the throttle back up without chain snatch takes some practice.

Hmm... I wonder if that's the reason for the "binary" throttle on my VFR. It's as if the throttle is either ON or OFF; there's not much "easing into it."

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post