SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Brand new truck - now wrecked.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brand new truck - now wrecked. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Marquette has always been a bad place to drive in, too many poor drivers. The round abouts make it worse!

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
5 bucks says her brakes never failed, she was just too stupid/slow/distracted to hit them. I used to hear this excuse all the time.

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Monte Carlo was heavily damaged and given its age, I would guess its totaled. The cop who investigated the crash made phone contact with her insurance and verified coverage. As for her brakes, I thought it was BS too. The cop also tried her brakes and the pedal went to the floor. Of course, the question that remains is what were the condition of the brakes prior to the crash? She was cited. And a witness came forward and told the cop what happened. So.. at least that is in my favor.
The long repair time is due to a difficulty in getting new parts from GM (so I'm told) and nature and extent of damage. I have used this shop in the past and their work is first class and I trust them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Not that uncommon for people to get insurance, make one payment and let it lapse. Or the fake Proof Of Insurance game. Hence the need for Uninsured Motorist Coverage.

I don’t know how this still happens anywhere. Here in UT, the state maintains a database of registered vehicles against insurance companies. If your insurance gets cancelled or lapses, you quickly hear from the state. You must state that the vehicle is out of service or sold, and your plate goes on a pull-over list.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
5 bucks says her brakes never failed, she was just too stupid/slow/distracted to hit them. I used to hear this excuse all the time.

I saw a late model Lexus get rear ended a few weeks ago. Kid in the POS car that smacked the Lexus told Police: "his foot slipped off the brake pedal".

Kid said he had GEICO insurance.

I told the Lexus owner I wished him good luck.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I got rear-ended a while back. Insured's company wanted to put me in a cheap car. I said I had an SUV, and I want to drive what I lost. They folded and rented me an SUV.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post