SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine. Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
There's not a single Beatles song I really like, and I downright couldn't/can't stand John Lennon.

And dry wine is a perfectly good waste of a grape.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting Friday pm post. How old are you?

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Love me don't?

Maybe large doses of a schedule 1 substance would help.

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe large doses of a schedule 1 substance would help.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or mothers little helper:

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Oh, I've said it before and been mercilessly criticized for my opinion. I've never cared for them or their bubble-gum crap tunes. The ONLY song that is even remotely tolerable, and only with a snootfull of booze in a crowded bar, is Revolution. Other than that, you can have them. I don't care how many groups they supposedly inspired, or what "musical geniuses" they supposedly were. I vehemently disagree with both assertions.

They suck. And so does, by the way, all wine. Not just the dry stuff. Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Oh, I've said it before and been mercilessly criticized for my opinion. I've never cared for them or their bubble-gum crap tunes. The ONLY song that is even remotely tolerable, and only with a snootfull of booze in a crowded bar, is Revolution. Other than that, you can have them. I don't care how many groups they supposedly inspired, or what "musical geniuses" they supposedly were. I vehemently disagree with both assertions.

They suck. And so does, by the way, all wine. Not just the dry stuff. Wink

Finally, a little reason.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll jump in with the rest of the early crowd and say I find neither the Beatles nor dry wine particularly enjoyable.

Haven't indulged in alcohol for many years now, but back in the day I was a Jack Daniels guy anyway, though a little wine in mixed company never hurt. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK someone agrees with you. How about a reason for you? You also singled out Lennon, and ignored my simple question.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I liked the early Beatles. Later on: Not so much

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26006 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Well, I personally prefer dry red wine to other wines. And I also have enjoyed much of the Beatles music. Not all, but much. So, there. Razz

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
OK someone agrees with you. How about a reason for you? You also singled out Lennon, and ignored my simple question.

Because they weren't original. Their music was banal. Even their name was a near plagiarization of the band "The Crickets."

As far as Lennon, he was a woman abusing, child abusing, drug abusing, adultering, absentee father, and a hack of a guitarist who was mainly relegated to playing simple rhythms and had a mediocre, at best, voice. He promoted the Black Panthers, contributed nothing to the cause of world-peace except some lame lines and some photo-ops, and practiced none of the "love" he preached.

Oh, and I'm 52.

So, there. The Beatles sucked. And dry wine tastes like dirty dish water. The only dry red wine out there that is named properly is "Kitchen Sink," and I'm sure it's because it tastes like a stale, dry, dirty kitchen sink.

posted Hide Post
OK thanks for taking the time to respond. I was unsure as to whether it was your politics, musical taste or something else.

There were those that preferred Pat Boone to Elvis, and the Rolling Stones to the Beatles. I have lots of original Stones LP in Mono no less, and have seen them twice in concert, but not since the mid 1980s.

Oh, and I do not drink wine of any type.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
And they tried too hard.

posted Hide Post
Cannot agree with that. I am older than you. Everybody looked like that back then. Look at Sly and the Family Stone or the exciting series, Mod Squad. LOL

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Aw, come on. Dry wine isn't really that bad.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is for you. Funky outfits??

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Vtail, drink some while listening to Beatles music. It's like a double dose of syrup of ipecac.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
ZSMICAEL, cool black folks can pull that off.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

listening to Beatles music.
Why in the world would I want to do that?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple other thoughts about why you dont like the Beatles. Your birth year. You were no doubt subjected to Baby Boomers cramming their music and thoughts down your throat all during your growing up. Your parents may have been big Beatles fans. I don't know, I could be wrong. That was not the music you listened to during your teenage years. A different time, a different place.

I will leave the wine thing alone.