SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am with you op on Lennon. Do not nor never did like him.
Never was a beatles fan when younger and when they were popular.
Later in my life I have found that I like some of their tunes. Not one for fads, so maybe that is why I never was too hot on them.
Loving music as I do, I have to say that I do like some of their stuff. I believe that they could have recorded themselves in the bathroom and sold a million copies at one time.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Their early stuff wasn't bad....I can certainly do without their later "deep stuff".

Dry wine....meh but with a good steak I enjoy it.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well, I think sweeter wine sucks.

IMO there's nothing better than a good Oregon Pinot Noir or a crisp Alsace Riesling. Both are pretty dry

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I will admit to not paying much attention to the group when they first "invaded" the USA. But in years later I grew to appreciate much of their music.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I was in the dentists office last week and they were playing Beatles music in the background and, oddly enough, I found it rather depressing.

As far as dry wine is concerned, MEH. I was rather fond of Ripple in my college days. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I like some of them, mainly for the melodies but the lyrics are fitting, if not personal anthems for me. Penny Lane is good. A Day in the Life. Yesterday. Come Together. Revolution. Some of them (I want to hold your hand, Yellow Submarine) I loathe.

So for me it's like many artists, it's a mixed bag. I like Billy Joel. My Life, Only the Good Die Young, Piano Man. But then there's Uptown Girl..... <vomits>

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The Beatles sucked, and that's why they could never sell many records.

Rock grew from teeny bopper ditties, like "I wanna hold your hand," to musically and lyrically complex and subtle pieces like "A Day in the Life," "Elinor Rigby," "Yesterday," and many more. Others were part of this transformation of rock, like Dylan, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Band, Led Zeppelin. But through the '60s, The Beatles were at the forefront of innovation and expansion.

But taste is always subjective. You think they suck, they suck. For you. And I'm with you on dry white wine.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I like a chunk of the Beatles music, but a lot of it is garbage. They don't wholly suck though, now DJ Khalid, there is some utter shit across the board. The Beatles had some real hits, and never said "we da best music" in front of any of their songs.

Dry wine is gross, dry white wine is the worst.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
If an alien showed up and asked "Who are the Beatles?", I'd show them Richard Lester's "A Hard Day's Night". Whatever they went on to be after that, THAT was the Beatles, lightning in a bottle. Sorry if you missed the fun of that moment in time.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
curious about the Beatle haters,
please post you
top 10 performers on your personal Juke box ,
please

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm not a hater but never was a big fan growing up in the 60's, much prefer the Rolling Stone, I'm not so sure they were THE catalyst resulting in the huge change in social norms of the time or a result of the change of social norms,

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Beatle haters?

Never understood why someone would 'hate' music.

Change the station. Don't buy the album. Download something else.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Entirely too much hate in the states nowadays.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
curious about the Beatle haters,
please post you
top 10 performers on your personal Juke box ,
please
. He trolled and went dark basically.FYI the Beatles have sold 600 million albums worldwide. McCartney has penned 21 singles that reached number one.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
It's hard to argue with this list of people who believed they were worthy to cover:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...ons_of_Beatles_songs

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I understand not liking their music but to think they suck and don't have talent, that's just foolish.

While a lot of people don't like Lennon as a person, I'm more concerned about his music than his personal beliefs. But it was his personal beliefs which inspired him to write the songs he did.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
As it has been said in the past and still true. Opinions are like A$$holes ... everybody has one.

SPSHOOTER

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or
opinions are like nose holes,
most people have two and both may very well smell

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 61 years old and I also do not care for The Beatles . And get this , I wouldn't walk across the street to see Elvis if he came back from the dead and had a free concert . That ought to start some shit . Cool

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Beatle haters?

Never understood why someone would 'hate' music.

Change the station. Don't buy the album. Download something else.

That’s what I’m thinking

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post